kinkyfriend85 said:

yes it is your problems when you come to a thread i created

It's his job, he's a mod. =)

kinkyfriend85 said:

The quoting etc, diff font...

This isn't HTML, it's vbCode, and it's really simple. Quote is just:

[quote]soandso said:
whatevertheysaid[/quote]

Or you can click on "quote" under something someone said and copy and paste the code as it applies.

You can't change the font, but you can make things bold or italic or strikethrough or underline. That's about it.

Nanami said:

It's his job, he's a mod. =)

I came here since at newdoom you cant even say that you dont think it is as good as it once was, without getting banned. ask kuberr about that. and here you cant even reply each message. thats almost even sickier.

This isn't HTML, it's vbCode, and it's really simple. Quote is just:

okay.

[quote]soandso said:
whatevertheysaid[/quote]

Or you can click on "quote" under something someone said and copy and paste the code as it applies.

You can't change the font, but you can make things bold or italic or strikethrough or underline. That's about it.

when i reply i want it to go as fast as possible so if i cant write this way then i guess doomworld is nothing for me.
I heard it was supposed to be more free but it was surely not as free as that guy thought.

Sorry if this post was already replied to, I kinda skimmed the last three pages of posts :)

kinkyfriend85 said:
Holy moses my friend was right about you guys loving Zdoom.

Ever think that perhaps there's a very good reason for that? (i.e. because it's such a great port =P)

What you guys dont know about is the features

Err, actually it seems what you don't know about is ZDoom's features :)

Like textures up to 4096*4096 pixels

ZDoom does support huge textures, though not as high as this (2048x2048 I think), but you don't really need anything higher than that anyway; AFAIK not even Doom 3 will have 4096x4096 textures ;)

Oh yeah, and the huge textures in ZDoom can regular textures (i.e. it's 2048 units tall in-game) as well as hi res.

hi res sprites

ZDoom does have these. Damn nice feature it is too :)

mp3 music support

ROFL, ZDoom has had this for years upon years upon years. It may well even have been in the first ever publically released version. ZDoom also supports MOD/S3M/IT/XM, OGG, etc... and OGG can even be used for sound effects.

Most other ports worth their salt support at least a few of these too (and any that uses FMOD like ZDoom will support them all).

eax support

ZDoom has it (again thanks - I think - to FMOD. Admittedly it isn't all that great compared to the EAX system in certain games (Thief 2 has the best EAX system I've heard so far :)), but it can apparently be used by clever level designers for some interesting effects.

md2 support

No, but ZDoom is a software graphics port, not a hardware one. A near future version of ZDoomGL will have them though (and the old crappy, pre-Timmie versions had them too ;)).

special lights

Not quite sure what you mean here. ZDoom has all kinds of nifty lighting effects (like phased lighting sequences), and the most recent versions has the incredibly useful 3D lights (which means you can now light stuff on the z axis (up/down) as well as x/y (west/east and north/south). Also, unlike the original .exe and most ports, there is a noticeable difference in light increases of less than 16 (though JDoom probably has this too).

better 3d view

I have no idea what you mean by this. Mouselook maybe? If so yeah, mouselook is difficult to do well in a sprite-based game.

better Jump than zdaemon

Since ZDaemon is based on ZDoom, I'm guessing they have the same jump. Whether JDOom's is better is debatable.

good air movement

Oh dear. You're listing something that changes Doom's gameplay as good. BAD idea! ;)

model lights

You mean models that emit lights? Since ZDoom doesn't have models, you're right here. I agree it's quite a cool feature :)

anisotropic texture filthering

As I said ZDoom is a software port, and so obviously does not have any nifty 3D graphics effects. I believe ZDoomGL has them though.

Stable singleplayer

Err, 95% of the ports in existence have this (nowadays at least ;) ).

detail wad support

What?

Hi res titlepic, hudbar etc

As far as I know ZDoom doesn't have either of these, but they're not really that great anyway; you see the titlepic for what, a few seconds? And most people play fullscreen so never see the status bar anyway.

I think EDGE and Eternity both have hi res titlepic support, although I may very well be wrong.

Good option panel

No way! ZDoom has more options than any other port I've ever played! It even has a 'compatability' menu for those old skool purist folks :)

Now how about these, in pretty much random order:

support for 99.99% of all Boom features, almost complete Heretic and Hexen support, basic Strife support, basic Build engine support, player skins and sounds, quite possibly more console commands than any other port, zooming, ACS scripting (which can be as basic or as advanced as the scripter wants), extra DeHackEd flags (e.g. FLOATBOB, BOUNCE) + codepointers (e.g. Detonate, SetReflective,) + other DeHackEd related goodness (like multiple levels of translucency and different rendering styles), particle fountains, slopes, onscreen messages which say whatever you want them to (which even allows conversations), cameras (which mean cutscenes are entirely possible), terrain sounds (splashes, footsteps, etc), ambient sounds (and support for a near infinite number of them), the ability to add new creature and player death types (burning and freezing), support for a near infinte number of creature, weapon, door, lift, etc sounds, support for a near infinite number of decorations (which even allow decorations you can damage and break), support for a near infinite number of projectile sprites, the ability to set certain properties for individual monsters (e.g. hitpoints), support for a near infinite numbers of levels in one wad, level hubs, PolyObjects, 3D lights, uncapped framerate, creatures that target both the player and other creatures, friendly creatures, friendly marines that can be placed just like any other creature and can each have unique skins...

I could go on but I'll stop now because that looks like one of those pages that deliberately targets search engines or something :) And yeah, I know a lot of these are in other ports too, but (besides other ZDoom based ports, obviously) no port has all of these.

kinkyfriend85 said:

when i reply i want it to go as fast as possible so if i cant write this way then i guess doomworld is nothing for me.
I heard it was supposed to be more free but it was surely not as free as that guy thought.

Well. I live in a free country, but I still have to follow the rules.

anisotropic filtering

That's not even a feature of the engine because all it does is enabling a hardwarefeature. All checks involved this amounts to less than 10 lines of code so IMHO it doesn't count.

Graf Zahl said:

That's not even a feature of the engine because all it does is enabling a hardwarefeature. All checks involved this amounts to less than 10 lines of code so IMHO it doesn't count.

its a rendering feature, need more out of your comp and looks better.

kinkyfriend85 said:

appearently you don't

Don't come in and expect to own the damn place. We've heard your views on jdoom enough now I think.

pritch said:

Don't come in and expect to own the damn place. We've heard your views on jdoom enough now I think.

No I don't and we have heard yours as well.

I think you need to stfu and get off doomworld. We hate you. (Well I do anyway) Oh and Jdoom is crap and Zdoom is nice (want to stay on topic)