Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

those wacky germans

According to the German site http://mgw.duke4.de, Gamestar magazine filmed the DOOM showing at this year's QuakeCon and is going to put it on the DVD of its next issue.

Here's the full post, quickly translated by yours truly: On the GameStar 10/2001-DVD there will be a QuakeCon 2001 report, in which are approximately 12 seconds of footage from the Doom 3 presentation. A burning room with a monster in it is shown. The quality isn't very good (it was filmed from a monitor), but it's enough to show what the engine is capable of already.

If any German people are reading this... we love you ! Disorder was just kidding about killing that German referee ! We forgive you for the millions of innocent people you killed - just UPLOAD THE DAMN MOVIE! Bitte ?

Great News FlatHead!

The only question remains is who will rip it from the DVD?

P.S

Taken From Stomped:

New Doom Screenshots
[ 1 Comment ] Sean "Redwood" Martin @ 7:08 PM Your Time
PC Games > First Person Shooters

MemBa sent word that German print magazine, GameStar has four screenshots of new Doom in their October, 2001 issue from the Quakecon presentation by id. They reportedly show the bathroom scene, a burning room with, a zombie soldier, and a monster. I can't exactly confirm this from the states, but I'm betting somebody with a scanner will pop them up on the web.

Update1:

Comment by Stomped reader Sorcerer on these news:

"The quality of the shots is rather bad.
Nothing special."

Wow, I didn´t knew that. I will buy that Gamestar issue and put the stuff on my page.
Gamestar is a silly magazine btw, they thought Tank Jr. from Q3 was a cybernetic chicken, because they never really played Q2...

Who cares about the Holland game, oh dear no Holland in world cup, oh dear, how sad, never mind

Germany 1 - 5 England England, England, England

Who cares about the Holland game, oh dear no Holland in world cup, oh dear, how sad, never mind

Germany 1 - 5 England England, England, England

A worldcup without Holland is like WWII without the Nazi's.
A worldcup without Holland is like a ZOO without animals.
A worldcup without Holland is like a cup of coffee without the coffee.
A worldcup without Holland is like having sex without a penis.
A worldcup without Holland is like a dog with no teeth.
A worldcup without Holland is like a duck that doesn't go 'kwack'.
A worldcup without Holland is like Doomworld without Lüt.

Oh, BTW. Holland recently beat England with 2-0.

Oh, BTW. Holland recently beat England with 2-0.

Well I bet England beat you in next round....oh wait ...hang on...Holland isn't in the next round is it? :))

According to the German site http://mgw.duke4.de, Gamestar magazine filmed the DOOM showing at this year's QuakeCon and is going to put it on the DVD of its next issue.

Hey, that´s cool, thanx for the info. I will tell the women at the magazine booth down the street to resere a copy of that issue for me.

Update: I will try to grab a copy and - depends on how big the stuff is - either upload it (have still only 56k :/ or send a CD burn to someone with an ftp