Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom depot - update (please check site)

if any of you guys would actually check the site out regularly you'd know that the toons are up this week. also the future plans for the toons are on there too on the what's new page.

please note that i won't be posting updates here that much anymore, unless the update is groundbreaking and big. please keep an eye on the site for future updates.

also, spread the word. i want as much people to enjoy the site as possible.

note: just a few minutes ago, someone started hammering again. they have been banned. i'm pretty sure it's the btinternet one. i'm not sure, since i don't know if that where that information is in the new server software i'm running. anyways, if that bastard is reading this, stop. you are now banned permanently. maybe i'll let you download if you apologize and behave in the future. i'm a forgiving person, but this is really pissing me off.

You ought to start sending news to Doomworld and get the updates on the front page.

yup. all of the old stats that i know of are in there. except now there's no bandwidth limit since i haven't gotten around to playing with that yet. but i don't think anyone's complaining about faster downloading.

lut: i'm considering it. not only will people be better informed, but the people who don't come to the forums will know about it too.

just woke up, and i was looking at my ban list. last nite it was at 2. now, due to hammering, there's 10 banned ips. with this new server it just doesn't let them in, so no slots are taken up, so it's not bugging me that much. what is pissing me off is if this is a dial up server, everyone who's on it will be banned as well. oh well...

and i'm pretty sure it's all the same guy from btinternet. most of the ips start with 62.155, 62.156, 62.157, or 62.158. he's not getting in.

That site is a piece of shite, how many users does it allow? What's the bandwidth? 1.2kb/sec? sheesh no wonder you are always moaning about ppl "hammering" it, it's your site, it's a piece of crap

It's not the speed, it's the fact I tried download 3 wads at same time, then every one gave file not found error

fodders: huh? i have a cable connection 160k/s up and down. what's the problem? i download superfast from school all the time.

and you can only download 2 files at a time, that's why you probably got the file not found error. try it again.

the anti-hammering/flood control i have set is if you log on more than 7 times in 45 seconds it blocks you.

Why? Is it so busy that you feel you have to dictate peoples downloading habits?. I only went on to see why you are always crying about people "hammering" you, now I understand

the reason why i have a limit on the amount a user can download at a time is so that someone doesn't login 5 times, killing the bandwidth and not letting anyone else on. i find that rude. the site's for everyone, not just one person.

and when i cry about hammering we're talking about trying to login once a second. kinda hard to check out the log with pages and pages of:

connected
no more connections for this ip
disconnected
connected
disconnected
connected
disconnected
connected
disconnected

...and so on.

and if someone makes a habit of making the retry counter to only a few seconds, they deserve to be banned. if everyone set the retry to 60 seconds i wouldn't get pissed off. if someone doesn't care enough to check out the rules of this site (which are in bold letters on the main page on the website) then they should be banned.

i'm doing this ftp and website to be nice. i don't have mirrors right now. unfortunately that means 2 downloads at a time. why download more than that at a time? it's not like it's going to download/upload the files any faster. if someone doesn't like the rules, tough.

warez is the games, movies, mp3s from cds, etc. when you're downloading the music no one's losing money. download the game, midway/id loses money. same with the castlevania music. i only put up the ripped music, not the music on the soundtracks. this way, konami isn't losing money. just home-brewed ripped stuff. if you can buy it, i won't put it up.

warez is the games, movies, mp3s from cds, etc. when you're downloading the music no one's losing money. download the game, midway/id loses money. same with the castlevania music. i only put up the ripped music, not the music on the soundtracks. this way, konami isn't losing money. just home-brewed ripped stuff. if you can buy it, i won't put it up.

To be fair, its still a violation of Intellectual Property Law. And how do companies 'lose' money when people download warez anyway?