Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

Damn shity outrage!!

On doomworlds new check out the article about distributers and ID being sued for makeing doom, and as well as 15 other entertainment companies. They are being sued because they say doom was a direct result of the columbine shootings. Man this is complete bullshit I dont want to see ID and the others sued for some stupid ass bullshit. I mean come on that is why games have a rateing system and movies too. I know this matter is geting annoying but it is complete bullshit i have not seen such bad bullshit sence seeing nazi propaganda in my history class. I say we petition these ass holes to bury the past and stop blameing games and to take a good look at real problems like neglect, bullying, drugs, gangs, and child abuse.

They are being sued because they say doom was a direct result of the columbine shootings

Heh.

I say we petition these ass holes to bury the past and stop blameing games and to take a good look at real problems like neglect, bullying, drugs, gangs, and child abuse.

Remove drugs from that list please.

DOOM, god-like as it may be, is still a GAME. Why a games company like id should be sued for making a game like DOOM that they specialize in making is beyond me.

nazi propaganda that made millions think jews were evil, jews are not evil duh!. that article says that doom was a direct cause or that it is being called a direct cause. second why should drugs be removed from the list they are number 1 cause of violence. today a girl came over and said she was going to take 3 traquilizers and get drunk. I slaped her with a news paper and said are you a fuck'n idiot!

Nazi propaganda DID NOT make millions think jews are evil. It all started long before the Nazis.

today a girl came over and said she was going to take 3 traquilizers and get drunk. I slaped her with a news paper and said are you a fuck'n idiot

You're fucked up.

Here we go again... If I've said it once I've said it a million times.

CAN Doom inspire violence and satanism in teens?

Yes, of course.

SHOULD Doom inspire violence and satansim in teens?

No, of course not.

The parents who sue companies like ID for their violent games, and the parents you see on CSPAN rallying for heavier censorship and more specific advisory ratings on games, movies, and music are parents that don't raise a damn finger when it comes to raising their kids.

As a parent, it is your responsiblity to make sure you are aware of what your child is playing, watching, and listening to, and how it is affecting him. It is your responsibility to lecture your child on these items of entertainment if they seem to negatively affect him (and you can easily tell). You need to pay attention to your child, his surroundings, and his peers, whether they think you are intrusive or not.

Do we need to worry about what exactly that parental advisory sticker on the CD means? Should we have to? If a kid thinks that negative song lyrics are to be taken literally then does it even matter whether the lyrics are about rape, murder, drugs, satanism or just have a few "unacceptable" words?

Will Doom cause every child or teen to want to shoot up his school? No, there's teens who realize the difference between reality and fantasy, and there's teens who think, "Hey! Guns and blood! Sounds cool!".

The two morons who shot up Columbine had major psychological baggage. They were bullied and outcasted for reasons that probably sucked, something I know all too well. They were depressed and mentally distraught by the way they were treated, and what did their parents do? Sat back, not paying a damn bit of attention to their kids' worsening mental health. Also, the grandfather (I believe...) had guns and ammuntion in the plain reach of children. Any person with children or grandchildren should keep guns in a freaking SAFE.

So what if Doom inspired those two dipshits to go and blow their classmates into pieces? Is that supposed to be some kind of excuse? Does that make the killing "ok" and the game "wrong"? When an adult murders somebody, do we worry about what he was watching and playing? And if the parents had any kind of role in their kid's life, would this've happened?

I rest my case. If some kid shoots up a school, we should concentrate on rebuilding, rehabilitating, and helping the friends and parents of the victims live through the experience. We shouldn't be off worrying about "what caused it".

anybody that gets ideas of what to do in real life from games, movies,music,etc. is stupid. people with REAL problems who turn to these things for answers need real help. it is ONLY a game. if people are going to start blaming games for societys ills, then let's go full scale. i'd be willing to bet that playing cards (gambling in general) has caused more violence than doom ever will, and it's only a game(s). whatever, it's the same as always with these parents...easier to sue someone than to look in the mirror and see the real guilty party.

The atrocities being commited by the Jews today against the Palestinians makes me wonder if perhaps Adolf was right

FUCKED UP PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO FUCKED UP THINGS IRREFUCKINGARDLESS!

Japan: People have no access to guns, so they do mass knifings in schools.

There were school shootings long before Mary Manson and Doom, damn their idiotic souls. These things are rated M for Mature anyway.

If you let your thirteen year old kid watch Natural Born Killers several times a day and then get surprised when he says 'fuck' three times in every sentence and has a penchant for shooting people... well then you're just a shitty parent.

People will blame anything they can to escape punishment. These kids had access to powerful firearms and had bombs sitting on their fucking clothes dresser in their bedrooms. Their parents should be tied to a tree in the town center and each horsewhipped 90 times. When they pass out from the pain hit 'em with smelling salts so they wake the fuck back up for the rest.

Heh. Speaking of manson, I just today found THIS on a weird atheist resource site.

The fact is, the only people who might be affected by Doom and violent games in general are those that are already pretty screwed up. And you cant really make laws against violent games on the grounds that "they may affect insane people"

The atrocities being commited by the Jews today against the Palestinians makes me wonder if perhaps Adolf was right

Yeah, too bad old Adolf hadn't succeeded in pummeling Great Britain into submission in WW II. Would have prevented the Northern Ireland situation :P

/sarcasm

Yeah, too bad old Adolf hadn't succeeded in pummeling Great Britain into submission in WW II. Would have prevented the Northern Ireland situation :P

/sarcasm

Well, you're right. Fuck Ireland. AND FUCK GERMANY...

Fuck Ireland even harder... After that, fuck the German referee for NOT giving a penalty to my homecountry. Let him rot, let him suffer, let him die.

YOU DUMB SHIT!!!!!!

I wasn't talking about a fucking football game!!

Twerp :P

SHUT UP. SHUT THE FUCK UP. THIS IS NOT JUST FOOTBALL, THIS IS WAR!!!! I'D CARE MORE ABOUT HOLLAND WINNING FROM IRELAND THAN PEACE IN THE MIDDLE-EAST. Oh wait, while I'm at it, why not nuke those countries over there? It's just a hopeless situation, NUKE 'EM, NUKE 'EM, NUKE 'EM ALL!!!! =)

Personally, I think that the people of Littleton should take their lawsuit and shove it up their tight asses. They're the ones at fault, the students, the school system, and the family of those two fucked up kids. We've been saying it, and our own goddamn parents have been saying it, too! So, who's right here? Littleton Colorado, or everyone else? Geez, I dunno...hmm...Well, one thing's for sure, it don't matter cuz they've been seriously outvoted.

If the Brits targeted Adams with a missile, USA would soon be crying foul, and rushing to the defence of their bleeding heart Irish, murdering bastard friends

As a parent, it is your responsiblity to make sure you are aware of what your child is playing, watching, and listening to, and how it is affecting him. It is your responsibility to lecture your child on these items of entertainment if they seem to negatively affect him (and you can easily tell). You need to pay attention to your child, his surroundings, and his peers, whether they think you are intrusive or not.

Aww dayum, I really wanted to pop off at the mouth about this one but you just took the words right out of my mouth.

Suck my fat Irish cock.

BUSTED!

England? Ehh, I never understood those crazy monarchists...