Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

darkness

I guess my monitor's brightness is up too high; I can't see anything except the Doom guy's pistol.

I can't see anything with the curtains in my room open. With the curtains closed, it looks still very dark.

Keep in mind that you want to please all players with your map, not just the ones with average monitor settings. I've released an overly dark map in the past. It was perfectly playable with my monitor but I did receive some complaints about the darkness. It's better to be on the safe side by making the map a bit brighter.

i HATE levels with darkness like that. they get old fast. even worse when it is the whole level or even large sections

DooMBoy said:

I guess my monitor's brightness is up too high; I can't see anything except the Doom guy's pistol.

Yea same here

IE's white background is drowning the pic's overall lightness. Mount it in a real html with a black background for proper feedback.

It looks fine! Sometimes the surroundings are even in total darkness, you just have to deal with it. Demons don't care for light last I knew.

Pitch black. I always get pissed off at really dark levels too. That's why I never cared for Jdoom :(

EDIT: Actually, I kinda like it when it's really dark but there's LITE3s and LITE5s everywhere, that rules.

It looks too dark when viewing it like that, but it looks way better in full view in PSP.

Heh, I'm actually building a dark section for my Plutonia II map right now...

(and it looks fine on my monitor, but not with the bright sunlight staring in)

I can see everything OK in that shot. It's certainly not so dark that it would impact the gameplay.

Zaldron said:

IE's white background is drowning the pic's overall lightness.

True.

I made it fullscreen and it looks great.

Go with it.

Fairly dark and my monitor brightness is at 90 percent, which is higher than usual. It probably looks more clear in motion, though.

I've just edited the second poll option so that is says "it’s" instead of "it/'s". If this cocks it up for anyone due to some character-set issue, let me know.

That's fine as long as the Sun isn't blaring in, I just Gamma 1.5 in that scenario.

Can't see a damn thing in the screenshot, but that's OK since I usually run about a gamma correction level of 3 in ZDoom. In fact, when i crank my gamma up in PowerStrip to 2.5, I can see the map quite clearly.