Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

List of E1 Levels

I've been on a E1 style level binge for the past couple of days, if anyone would be kind enough to provide a list of really good E1 levels (for Doom1), I would be highly grateful. ;)

Promoting ourselves, are we? Hmmmmmmmmm? ;)
Thanks Chris.

Just one problem: There's no direct link to download the full CH_Retro wad. I have the CH_Retro_new.wad but I'd really like the full one.

Aleaver, what of your No Hope For Life? You forgot that. I have played both Timelessness and Indifference and consider them to be very well done.

DooMBoy said:

Just one problem: There's no direct link to download the full CH_Retro wad. I have the CH_Retro_new.wad but I'd really like the full one.

Yes, there is. It is just not on that page. The CH Retro page is dedicated only to CH Retro Episode. The other file you're looking for is the very first CH Retro level I made. You can find both that and the new one on the Levels page. Confusing? Well, let me break it down for ya:

CH Retro (CH_Retro.wad) = one sp level.

CH Retro New (CH_Retro_new.wad) = new version of the above.

CH Retro Episode (retroeps.wad) = 9 level episode with the above as E1M6.

Yeah, I got it now ;) I have all three now, and I must say that all three are well done E1 levels. Good job Chris.

DooMBoy said:

... if anyone would be kind enough to provide a list of really good E1 levels (for Doom1), I would be highly grateful. ;)

Have you tried the wads submitted for DooM Center's E1 Contest? Some of them are really good. (For the life of me I can't locate it on DoomWorld's idGames Archive.)

That WAD wasn't uploaded to the Archive, although some authors independently did upload their maps. The WAD was at Doomcenter only, and the ZIP didn't contain any documentation (found only at the site in HTML.)

http://www28.brinkster.com/mykdoom/misc/113434_e1contest.zip

And now Doomcenter is dead...

So if anyone can list the authors it would be cool. Another recent E1 style WAD that I can think of is Enjay's njtoss17 (that map he made in an evening or so.)

The Return To Phobos episode by Michael Kelsey (return01.zip). The first complete E1 clone and not any worse than the much better known Fava Beans (that I like a lot, too).

I have return01, and it's pretty meh. Just average IMO. Fava Beans, on the other hand, is a lot better and fairly fun to play.