Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

A promo poster for my comic: The X Chronicles!

For gods sake you need to learn how to make images smaller... Like make this NOT a bitmap in disguise...

This image can easily go down to 250kb and still not lose any quality...

Remember: We just wanna SEE the image, not make prints of it.

Interesting concept, but I personally don't like seeing comics using copyrighted characters... all too often people change the characters personality to something they like better, thus losing the original character in the process.

Edit: and by character I mean one specific character.. like one with a name. Not all hedgehogs. Like.. "Hi.. my name is Sonic.. I am loud and eat chili dogs. " Not like: hey.. "I'm a demon... I..uh... well there's lots of demons... so I guess changing my personality wouldn't really harm my character.. maybe peoples perception of a group of things.. but not one demon.. like Firebrand.. Firebrand would have a predefined personality.. likes.. dislikes.. How he reacts to something stinky.. it's all there... "

Pff, I'm not change the personalities at all, Sonic's still gonna be an unthinking, arrogant, ego maniac, and X still hates violence. I'm pretty trying to make them faithful to the personalities they were orinally created with.

And hey, if an image can completely fit on a 1024x768 screen, it's small enough. :)

1.2 MB for an image is large... I didn't mean the resolution...

It just takes me a long freaking time to download images that big. I generally just stop looking.

Nice coulouring and so, but for a poster this composition is a bit messy imho. Like there are lots of characters all around the poster. Could work if it would be a bit more organised...

The poster is 550 K. The server is jsut a tad slow. :/

Zab: I know that, I rushed it, I put it off way too long. Finally arsed myself into doing it.

Torn said:

Man, that bat girl. I can't get enough of her. :P

Rofl, I try. ;)

Tyockell said:

Too cluttered, imo

As I said before, I rushed it, I put it off way too long. I finally decided to finish what I started 2 months ago. :P

footman said:

Rofl, I try. ;)

As I said before, I rushed it, I put it off way too long. I finally decided to finish what I started 2 months ago. :P

ahhhh i c :P

Well, I agree with silver about using copyrighted characters. But I feel very inclined to ask, just WHAT do X and Zero have to do with Sonic? There is nothing similar, no common ground, nay, no reason I can find for them to ever need to interact, other than the fact that on thier own, they are well known and well liked.

Sometimes a crossovers will work, but you need something common to work with to increase the odds of others actually liking it or showing interest. A good example of this can be found in Aliens VS Predator. They are remotely similar, they have something in common, and most of all, this is a feasible plot, which doesn't seem unlikely at all.

Some crossovers dont work because you take well known characters, and put them together for no real reason. The best example I can think of here is Superman Vs The Terminator. Yes it exists, look it up on Google or Ebay if you don't beleive me. The premise? Another hunt for John Connor, but this time, in Metropolis for some... reson.. so, this measns something bad is happening. Superman fixes bad things! Superman must act! and it goes on from there.

Just some things you should REALLY keep in mind when doing crossovers as you work on this further... be careful. :)

I've got everything planned out. Melfice seems to like it so far, as do many other people. The plot will unfold eventually. :P

I'd like to make it known that I detest all Sonic characters newer than Knuckles.

...nice drawing tho.

Ah, I drew Sonic in Reploid armor once. How's that for crossover?

You just need to work on drawing Bunnie a bit... her legs especially. Sally seems to be looking a bit butch, too ^-^;. Other than that, it's pretty good... just try getting Sonic in a slightly less similar to promo-art pose.

Any hints on the story?