• Dooming / Playing a FPS: Country
    • Mapping: Heavy Metal
    • Mapping: Classic Rock
    • Mapping: Country
    • Playing AND Mapping: Heavy Metal
    • Playing AND Mapping: Classic Rock
    • Playing AND Mapping: Country
    • Other

I was raised on Classic Rock, especially Steely Dan, so whenever I fire up GTKRadiant, I listen to Steely Dan.

On occasion, though, I listen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, or a few select game soundtracks.

o_O

If it doesn't make a good poll, don't make it a poll. This is certainly not a good poll.

When playing the game - The midi of whatever game I'm playing
When making maps - None. I usually watch TV

When playing and making maps - How can you do both at the same time?

I meant, if you play games AND you make maps.

By the way, what's wrong with this poll? It's interesting to see what people listen to when they do either. If you map, then you'd know that monotonous environments make it hard to do jack shit...

heh, what on earth did you put country for?

Anyway default music in Doom usually, otherwise some kind of industrial rock or metal.

I'm from The Breadbasket of America... A little outhouse of a state called "Minnesota."

Doom music, what else?

Probably this would have worked a bit better as a multi-option poll.

Laguna said:

I'm from The Breadbasket of America... A little outhouse of a state called "Minnesota."

Oh, then I understand the rather limited selection of genres in this poll.

Had it been a bit further south and west, there would probably only have been one choice left.

Playing: Midi tunes or dance music. (unless it's an ambient sound-laden ZDoom wad or any newer FPS other than Unreal, in which case no music, just the sounds)
Mapping: Dance music, watching TV or nothing at all.

(although Iron Maiden and Green Day occasionally creep in)

These are mp3s. Why does the index there list them all as mp2s?

Well, darn, I mean, I usually try not to have any distractions when I'm playing. However, when I'm mapping, classic rock all the way, as well as 80's music. Ah, 80's music. Most people think I'm a freak for it, but I actually enjoy it. Well, most of it anyways. I wish I could experience the 80's first hand... Wait, that would mean NO DOOM!!! NOOOOOOO!!!

Sometimes the Quake 2 CD, I made a CD out of all the PSX doom MP3's from the depot that I put it too. For regular music, Usually American Head Charge, 40 Below Summer, Rammstein, Killswitch Engage... that sort of stuff.

geekmarine said:

Well, darn, I mean, I usually try not to have any distractions when I'm playing. However, when I'm mapping, classic rock all the way, as well as 80's music. Ah, 80's music. Most people think I'm a freak for it, but I actually enjoy it. Well, most of it anyways. I wish I could experience the 80's first hand... Wait, that would mean NO DOOM!!! NOOOOOOO!!!

...The 80's sucked. 'Nuff said.

AndrewB says the poll sucks... It sucks so much that like 20 people have replied to it already, under 5 hours. Hahahaha

Yes, and half of them voted "Other" in your ten-option poll, which does suggest something is awry.

Most of the time, I turn the music off in Doom. But if I feel like it, I'll listen to video game music, like Metal Gear Solid or Megaman or uh... something like that.

Laguna said:

...The 80's sucked. 'Nuff said.

Kill yourself.

A few days ago, I was playing while listening to my playlist. Suddenly "Bugle Call Rag" by Benny Goodman came on. There's something surreal about killing hellspawn while listening to ragtime or big band.