Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Massmouth 2 Canceled!

hahaha just kidding!

anyways, done testing. I uploaded it to /incoming right now, so look for it in /newstuff tomorrow sometime I presume, if it's the sort of thing you might want to play. there's a couple screenshots and junk on my blog if you're interested. enjoy!

oh god yes! wake your ass up ty =P

Little Faith said:

Yeah, well, he kinda stopped working on it.

um, except cyb was joking. and i think mewse was referring to the spelling.

Heh, Little Faith was obviously joking too. Y'see, Cyb clearly has stopped working on Massmouth 2... 'cos it's finished :)

Grogglogobofink said:

oh god yes! wake your ass up ty =P
um, except cyb was joking. and i think mewse was referring to the spelling.

am I right, is that monster from keen1?.

Torn said:

Yes, Massmouth is Sarge's avatar.

Can't wait to play it Cyb.

Torn said:

yes, it's a yorp, my favorite keen monster.

Cyb said:

massmouth isn't a yorp... he has arms and a gun

i think massmouth is just a mutant yorp with arms and more teeth.

Excellent wad, fun and original. I finished playing through it earlier. It has added enough to make it what a sequel should be and was also very humurous for the most part (including the many DW references and secret level), though the AYB reference met with ill-reception (I'm tired of seeing it by now). Great work! :)

EDIT: One bug, and possible spoiler (though not a big one) on map14 Rex somehow ended up outside the map and was wandering through dead space, much like lost souls do when a pain elemental dies near a wall. I didn't see it happen, but noticed it when I heard him and couldn't see him, then resorted to iddtiddt to figure out where he was. Nothing major there, though if he managed that strange trick in the level he first appeared in, that would be a problem.

In the frozen water level (dont remember what it's called), what am I supposed to do after activating that machine underwater? I dont have a red key or anything.

Vile said:

EDIT: One bug, and possible spoiler (though not a big one) on map14 Rex somehow ended up outside the map and was wandering through dead space, much like lost souls do when a pain elemental dies near a wall. I didn't see it happen, but noticed it when I heard him and couldn't see him, then resorted to iddtiddt to figure out where he was. Nothing major there, though if he managed that strange trick in the level he first appeared in, that would be a problem.

yeah he did that to me once or twice (that's map13 btw) there which I suspect may be a nodes error combined with his speed and small size but I dunno. I tested the previous map quite extensivly and he never wandered out of the map like that there so hopefully it's not a problem

thanks for the compliments/input as well :) the ayb thing, I'll admit, has lost something... it was funny 8 months ago when I made it tho I swear! :P

Assmaster said:

In the frozen water level (dont remember what it's called), what am I supposed to do after activating that machine underwater? I dont have a red key or anything.

the key is hidden in that room :P

Cyb said:

thanks for the compliments/input as well :) the ayb thing, I'll admit, has lost something... it was funny 8 months ago when I made it tho I swear! :P

Hehe, I agree, although I guess internet fads are meant to be killed through overexposure, seeing many people's own tributes to the theme is interesting enough. Newest fad being the star wars kid... good lord that kid's been all over.

jedimaster.net

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeep.

Dammit, you scared me there Cyb. I don't think I'm going to download it now so there.................................. >:) Hehehehe

/me downloadsssssssss

Other than ZDoom crashing when Massmouth gets in the escape pod from the ship in MAP07 (or is it MAP08?) it ran fine for me. I saw several different endings. Pretty good stuff there Cyb. Keep up the good work.

Very cool. I quite like the alternate endings (How many are there?), and the hidden level, which, may I add, has quite an apt name.

Im having that same crashing problem. But when reload the save it still crashes. I've tried using both the autosave and my own manual savegame. But it still happens. Im suing cab47. What can I do.

Oh, and great work Cyb. :D

Assmaster said:

Im having that same crashing problem. But when reload the save it still crashes. I've tried using both the autosave and my own manual savegame. But it still happens. Im suing cab47. What can I do.

hrm, that's weird, the crash is consistant, but I've always been able to restart zdoom and load the autosave (or a manual one) so I dunno :/ maybe try loading the gamesave in windowed mode (or fullscreen if you play windowed), though I doubt that would work hrm.

also sometimes using a different escape pod works too since there are three of them

Trasher][ said:
Very cool. I quite like the alternate endings (How many are there?), and the hidden level, which, may I add, has quite an apt name.

I've only seen 3.