Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber-menace

Map 32 - Easy Breezy (It's Finally Done!!!!)

Well I've finally finished my map32. Click Here! to check it out. I also ask for people to give me some suggestions for improvment. Post the idea on this thread. This map takes an extrordinary amount of time to play because of its size so make sure you have at least 40 minutes of free time if you want to play it all at once. I might add some snapshots to this post later.

EDIT: This map requires the newest ZDoom Source Port to run.

It says "signal handler segment violation" when I play it with legacy (then fails to start). This is probably why I should change to zdoom, that is, I would if it didn't take ALL that work downloading zdoom.

LOL, that's the first I've heard of someone trying to run a ZDoom only level in Legacy :)

Hard work to download Zdoom? Not really. Just go to zdoom.notgod.com and go to their downloads page to get it. This is easy and not hard work unless your using dial-up. Then it might take a bit.

Actually, it's zdoom.org now. And then you go to downloads. And then you click on 2.0 and then you click on 47.cab. Yeah it's a lot of work.

Ok, so they give you a lot of work. I don't see why they don't just add a new link to the downloads page to save people time, effort, and part of their brain. Anyways... is anyone gonna try the new completed map. It's enormous! I know big levels can be a pain, but I tried quite hard to make this one fun til the end.

Well, It's not my type of map as far as gameplay. I dont like big open areas with lots of hitscan enemies. So I'm not going to comment on that.

The lighting sectors need serious work though. I get the impression that you wanted to make it really obvious that you spent time making light sources and shadows, which have turned out to be... well... ok I'll just say it. They look pretty darn awful. The shadows are WAY too dark and dont "fade out" (which IMO is the only acceptable way to use super dark shadows). And your lights look plain ridiculous. These two combined look horrible.

This is all just me talking though. Feel free to tell me to shut my mouth.

Well I don't mind the shadows, but there is one major error with them... The darkened lighting also effects the ceiling so it looks kinda wierd. Oh and by the way... did you notice the Mancubus that spawns into the ground. I never really figured out why it was doing that. I hope somebody else will try my new level out soon. I really like. Also, Assmaster did you happen to notice the 5 points in the level where you seem to be in the same area, but you actually warped to a new one. I ran out of space in Wadauthor so I had to cram the sectors into different areas on the editor screen.

Does anyone know why one of my Mancubus's spawn into the ground? If so, post how to fix it here. Can someone else please try my map. I think I did a lot better on this one than my last one.

Actually, I think the last one was much better.

As for the manc problem, have you checked the Z height of your map spot?

Why the bloody fuck must everyone else use ZDooM? I happen to *like* using Legacy b/c I'm more familiar with it. Legacy and MBF are my favorite ports and that won't change the fact that ZDooM is used by *FUCKING EVERYONE* for their WADs.

[/stupid shithead rant]

Why the bloody fuck must Pika132 use Legacy? I happen to *like* using ZDooM b/c I'm more familiar with it. Zdoom are my favorite port and that won't change the fact that Legacy is used by *FUCKING Pika132* for their WADs.

[/stupid shithead rant]

But seriously, who asked you? Nobody told you to do anything, then you come in here, and start swearing and ranting.