Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Trouble Replacing some Animated Textures

Ok, I have a texture of a fan in motion. It is a set of 4 textures which are 64x128.
So, since I am not using the RWDM11A-RMDW11D patches which make are used to make the DBRAIN1-DBRAIN4 Textures, I decided to replace them. The problem is this, I open up Wintex, Load up 4 files, and name them

RWDM11A - RWDM11D

which align at 32x123 as normal.

I then go into Texture edit mode, and adjust DBRAIN1 - DBRAIN4 so that they are 64x128 instead of 64x32. I then save the texture changes, then save changes to the Patches wad file.

I then loaded up DeepSea, and added in my Patches WAD, and it showed up perfectly normal as it should be, but then I loaded up one of my maps, and now it is coming up like it is only 64x32:

So now I wonder if I am some bad acid, or what is the deal exactly? The Texture is showing up funky in the map as well when I actually load it up.

Have you tried testing the map with those textures in the game itself? If they work fine (and I think they will, from what you've said here), then you can just ignore what DeepSea is displaying there.

I did test it, and it does show mess up, and I am using Wintex. If someone wants to see this bizarre freak of nature I'll be more than happy to send it your way.

I'd try using DeePsea's patch/texture editor and see what it does then. (in any case, it's easier to use than the Wintex texture editor)

Another thing: are you loading up another texture wad when you play? If you have two, the last one will overwrite the first and could be reverting the texture to 64x32.

U know what, I am a registered DeepSea user, and I have never used that feature, infact I forgot it was there I was so used to using other tools, I'll have a look, thankx. :)

I'd try using DeePsea's patch/texture editor and see what it does then. (in any case, it's easier to use than the Wintex texture editor)

Lies! Wintex's texture editor is the best ever!!!!!!!!!1111 It's free, at least. :P

Grimm said:

It's free, at least. :P

Well, with the DeePsea texture editor being unrestricted in the shareware version... :PP

Ha ha ha, let's see a good retort to that! :)

DeepSea was worth every cent! Great software, great support.

Well, with the DeePsea texture editor being unrestricted in the shareware version... :PP

True, but that's stealing. Kinda. *Walks away in shame* "Next time, Enjay, next time!"

Enjay said:

Unless your map is more than 1200 sidedefs :PPP

No, you just dump your MAP.wad, then edit your gfx. It is not stealing, otherwise it would be restricted under the shareware version.