Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

nin.com, The Lathe of Heaven, and Halos 1-8

Well, I dont know how many people here visit nin.com, especially since its been dead since The Fragile cameout, but theres been small updates.

Access, the nin.com boards is finally Fixed and taking members, and you'll notice that on the bottom right hand corner of the page, theres a gray smudge. Click on that, and you'll be taken to a "Halo" page numbered 1-8, which aren't in order. Messeges and quotes have been left there, including a binary code which is "Mssg Start: I am trapped on the other side, help me. I'm scared. Mssg End", or something to that effect.

Also, Trent himself posted on the access boards that "Things are about to start happening." And another thing thats been noticed is that the text on light background is getting lighter, and the text on dark background is getting darker everyday. Eventually the text will disappear. Perhaps then there'll be a real update.

Looks like we'll get that fifth NIN album after all, eh?

maybe the fading text is a countdown to the new album, ie the day it finally fades the album will drop.

Even as subtle as Trent is about his work etc., I don't think so. The text is fading way to fast. I'm mean, its fading fast enough that by next week it should be gone and there shouldn't be anything on those pages.

Oh yeah, note that the Halo 8 page is completely black and empty...don't know what thats about exactly.

hmmmmm ..... I've had that problem before, seems like my AOL didn't load it all the way. Try hitting reload. If that doesn't help, sorry.

And 10 years from now it will be updated and announced that the new albumn will be released "Next Summer" heh Thanks for pointing that out, I stopped checked a few weeks ago. I believe the web site has been down since december 2001

/me waits for Darknation to come in here and splooge big globs of NiN love all over this thread.

NIN thought for the day: Heresy

People are always coming up to me and saying, "Hey, Dn, that Heresy song sucks. Why is Trent singing in that stupid fucked up high pitch falsetto voice? He sounds crap and it fucks the song up. Oh, and NIN suck."

To which I reply NO! Listen up tardshoe, it's all to do with the Catholic Church. See, back in the dark ages the church choirs were mainly made up of eunuchs, i.e. male castrati. You see, chopping off the balls of a pre-pube male prevents puberty and the deepening of the voice. The church, while officially against castration, weren't to keen on letting women singers into the whole Godbox thing. Because women suck, you know? So the choirs in the cathedrals were constructed of 'accidental' castrati.

So Trent uses a stupid high pitch noballs voice to add in yet a further statement about impotence, fear of women and hypocrisy in the church, which means he is a clever man and you suck.

Hmm, thanks for that tidbit of info about Hersey, dn. Heh, I always liked Heresy myself, and thought the voice in it was cool haha. Oh well.

it's not information really, it's a personal opinion and a revelation I came to last week. It's probably bullshit.

Anyway, about nin.com... personally, I'll be impressed when reznor get's up off his pasty goth butt and actually releases something.

Heh, over on the forums at ninhotline.com and nin.com's access people are becoming obsessed with the refresh button. Some of them are even using it as an avatar o_O.

Anyways regarding the Catholic church, I wouldn't put it past Reznor to base it off of something like that which you came up with. Makes perfect sense. But then again, Trent doesn't necissarily feel he needs an reason behind his actions it seems, he just does it if he feels it, and somehow, gets everyone not to question him. Wish I could do that.

hooray t-rez quit on doom 3 cuz he needed more time to play with his website

3 albums and an EP in 14 years does not rock. time to show you give a shit, guy

Kuberr said:

But then again, Trent doesn't necissarily feel he needs an reason behind his actions

I disagree. Everything odd in the Downward Spiral and especially the Fragile was done for a purpose, it's just reznor doesn't feel the need to staple an explanation to it.

If someone needs something in the music explained then they probably shouldn't be listening to it. You've got to put thought into the listening rather than just running it through as background noise while you do more important stuff.

EDIT: I mean, do you buy paintings for your wall just to break up the wallpaper? This sort of thing annoys me... there is a print hanging on Wendy's wall that her mother bought because she thought it looked pretty, when in fact on closer inspection the alignment of the objects, the reflection in the river and most tellingly a woman in white with a red sash on her waist makes the entire damn thing a metaphor for rape.

Most people are blind Dn, sadly that includes me. I never seem to be able to hear or see stuff like that. Prolly cuz I'm so completely apathetic towards everything. :p

darknation said:

EDIT: I mean, do you buy paintings for your wall just to break up the wallpaper? This sort of thing annoys me... there is a print hanging on Wendy's wall that her mother bought because she thought it looked pretty, when in fact on closer inspection the alignment of the objects, the reflection in the river and most tellingly a woman in white with a red sash on her waist makes the entire damn thing a metaphor for rape.

maybe the painter just thought it would look pretty.