Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

I saw Weird Al in concert last night!

Yup! At the Mann Center, in Philly. It was cool, but he ended it the same way as he did on his last tour; he played Fat (Michael Jackson's Bad), and then went off the stage, but encored with The Saga Begins (Don McLean's American Pie), and Yoda (Lola). It was great, and I got a really cool Couch Potato (Eminem's Lose Yourself) shirt. Who else is seeing him/saw him?

dingus khan and i are seeing him in kansas city on august 5th. oh god it'll be fucking great.

Kuberr said:

BEHOLD THE POODLEHAT!!!

I second that motion! It's the best CD since ... well, EVER!

pregnant with worms said:

dingus khan and i are seeing him in kansas city on august 5th. oh god it'll be fucking great.

It will be like the second coming. I cant wait. it's 3 days after my birthday and what a fucking gift. I'm going to have to buy a shirt. Did the couch potato shirt have al dressed as eminem from 8 mile?

What all did he play?

He comes around here every tour. Never bothered to see it.

Still, I think he's one of the very very few things worth listening to in terms of music.

I saw him a few years ago at Hershey Park, it was pretty cool. It's a bummer he still ends all of his tours with the same 3 songs though. Did he still open with all about the pentiums or something new?

Also, I believe the only time he ever performs "Albequerque" is when he actually goes there. I'm sure the reason is quite obvious.

Dingus Khan said:

It will be like the second coming. I cant wait. it's 3 days after my birthday and what a fucking gift. I'm going to have to buy a shirt. Did the couch potato shirt have al dressed as eminem from 8 mile?

What all did he play?

The shirt shows Al, just like Eminem from 8 Mile, except he's holding a miniature TV and looking at it, as opposed to writing on his hand. He played Horoscope, My Bologna, Fat, Yoda, Saga Begins, Smells like Nirvana, A medley of a bunch of his songs, His new polka, and more, along with many seens from UHF, and other funny shorts including "Dirt" and "60% Chance Of Rain" The shirts were $25, where I saw him, BTW. (I'm not sure about tax)

Ralphis said:

I saw him a few years ago at Hershey Park, it was pretty cool. It's a bummer he still ends all of his tours with the same 3 songs though. Did he still open with all about the pentiums or something new?

He played Pentiums, but didn't open with it.

Coopersville said:

He's still alive?

The only person who said he was dead, was the dad on King Of The Hill, who claims he blew his brains out in the late 80s, when his records stopped selling, which of course is bullshit.

Oh, I knew he was alive in general. What I ment was that it's surprising to see him touring more than acctually coming up with new songs. When was his last album, 1998?

Weird Al fuckin' owns. I wish he'd get his ass over here a bit more often.

Has all the Weird Al fans here seen UHF? It's one of his proudest achievements, and any fan should deffinately rent/own it.

That sounds like an excellent playlist, wackyname. I'd give a lot to see him rap couch potato. I'd also really like to see him perform Polka Power! live. I saw him do that one on VH1 and i laughed so hard.

BBG said:

Weird Al sucks.

I must concur, YOU sucks.

However, UHF also sucks. It has some witty parts, but it's pretty mediocre.

Every single time I hear the name of Al's new CD, Poodle Hat, I laugh :D
And no, BBG, Weird Al doesn't suck.

AndrewB said:

Also, I believe the only time he ever performs "Albequerque" is when he actually goes there. I'm sure the reason is quite obvious.

D@mn! I memorized the lyrics to that whole song!

[small] How much is a round trip ticket to Albuquerque? [/small]