Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Yet another Problem with NHFL EP II Help needed

Now I have a bad texture in the map I am working on that is messing up the wad in DOOM 2. What can I do?
The map can only be played in zdoom thanks to this. I mean until this happend, it worked just fine in Doom 2. It says now however, Texture not found and quits.

here is a screenshot.
http://www.geocities.com/doomfearkeeper/index.html

Have you run it through an error checker (as in DeePsea or DEU)? They should find the offending linedef and fix it (or let you fix it)

Maybe I don't understand the question but...

Can't you just delete the texture? Open the pwad in NWT (or another texture editor), select the corrupted texture and press "-"...

BTW, from what I can see: nice wallpaper 8-þ

Graf Zahl said:

Have you run it through an error checker (as in DeePsea or DEU)? They should find the offending linedef and fix it (or let you fix it)

I took the linedefs with that offending texture out already but the texture remains in the wad still.
--------------
No I can't use wintex to delete the texture either.

Try using the DeePsea texture editor. Delete any patch references that are supposed to be in the texture first, then the texture. You may even find that DeePsea will automatically detect errors in the texture when you go into the texture editor, and there are some checking routines in there too. Depends exactly what the error is I suppose.

Aleaver said:

I took the linedefs with that offending texture out already but the texture remains in the wad still.
--------------
No I can't use wintex to delete the texture either.

Maybe you just deleted the linedefs but not the sidedefs. Apparently there is still something that references this bad texture.

wow, your desktop look like it is fine... the background picture... heh.

My short term solution: I have made a .bat file that first loads my map editor and then apon exiting the editor goes right to zdoom and warps to the map # of the map I am working on. So this is all I can do atm I guess.

Aleaver: I opened your last level, DXEM, in DeePSea and noticed that it has several (11 to be precise) unused sidedefs; obviously your editor doesn't always automatically delete the appropriate sidedefs when you delete linedefs.

Most modern-ish editors should be able to check for and remove unused sidedefs. If your editor doesn't have this feature, you'll have to load the level up in one that does :)

On a sidenote, DXEM also has an unused sector. It's a good idea to get rid of these too, because these can cause problems in certain ports (i.e. the ZDoom family). Though I think you'll only really experience problems if the unused sectors happen to have tags.