Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

DooM Warez

I remember reading about a copy of doom 2 that was deemed pirated by id. I also remember reading about a version that was made available before the official release (I think it was in the official wadster's guide or something similar). Whats the story behind these two? Are they both the same thing? If not, was the "prerelease" version a leak like the Doom 3 alpha? Or was it just some file masquerading as Doom 2?

The copy of Doom2 v1.666 dated 8/25/94 has been deemed pirated by id Software. Apparantly it was smuggled out of their offices before the official release. I don't think it has any functional differences from the official released version.

my doom 2 wad version 1.666 is dated august 30, 1994 prolly not a pirate version

Well, there is a difference in that the patch won't work for the pirated version. Actually, I'm not sure, but I think somebody made a patch to patch the pirated version, but I know the official patch will not work on it.

Yes, someone made such a patch, and it's hosted on The Page of Doom here on Doomworld, and I think it'd probably be better to tell the guy at The Page of Doom to remove it.

and most peoples wads are dated some time at the end of august or september i take it