Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

I Am Your Father

Check out XDelusion's new page for his unnamed Star Wars TC for Legacy (that would make a good official name I think, 'Star Wars TC for Legacy') which has a couple early screens of the unfinished maps. Also, as is the trend around here, anyone who wants to help him out with the project it welcome to. So, as Jabba says, uh: "something something Solo". Yeah.

Cyb said:

I Am Your Father

No, no. That's not true! That's impossible!

Hmmm, nice screenies. Impressive, most impressive. Star Wars stuff is always welcome as far as I'm concerned. It's using some textures from the newer DF games too by the look of it. Distinct lack of enemies so far though. I await with eager anticipation. "Patience! For the Jedi it is time to eat as well."

|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|

I'm on the leader.

MTFBWY.

Thankx for the compliments, but sorry there are no enemies in this one, basically your quest is to run around and hunt for power converters, when you get enough, you win!

Heh I never knew I had a Cyberdemon for a father.
And is it just me, or do people seem to love doing TCs with Legacy?

Very nice looking pics. (I seem to have seen that laser texture and the Advanced TIE sprite somewhere, but can't for the life of me remember where ;)

Yeah, people DO love doing things for Legacy, and that's a pity because Legacy is generally a steaming pile of horseshit on my machine. My machines. In fact, every single machine I've ever used Legacy on has had a problem with it, except for a very short time when I had a Duron 650Mhz + Voodoo5 combination. That ran it fine. Otherwise, it seems to be generally unreliable. Which is ALSO sad, because there are a lot of good TCs and levels for Legacy, like most of Ebola's work.

I know all about it, but actually I really don't have as many problems with Legacy as I used to. It has a lot of bugs that still need worked out, but once you learn how to work around them, things come out fine. Take DSV4 for instance. That was a piece of art, no GL Holes, no lag, just pure perfection.

If ZDOOM has TRUE 3D floors, and translucent floors, I'd switch, besides I could really go for those sloped floors, but until then, Legacy is the only option for me.

XDelusion said:

If ZDOOM has TRUE 3D floors, and translucent floors

Not 'if', but 'when' :) Well, for true 3D floors anyway (I'm not sure about translucent floors)

Nice stuff Xdelusion, you using the advanced door effects at all?

On the port note, the main problem for me, is that Legacy and Zdoom both have excellent editing features indigenous to the port. I'm going for Legacy with Rust mainly because of graphics quality, certain scripting things which Zdoom don't have and I'm using a lot of 3D floors.

Toxic: If you mean advanced doors as in DSV4 doors, then hell ya I am! :)

If you mean Advanced doors as in doors that slide open from the sides, then the only method I know to pull this off seems a bit buggy, in that it only works sometimes, then other times maybe one side will slide open while the other does not. Perhaps when we get those Poly Objects things will get more interesting on the door front. I wonder if there is a way to use FS to aid the side scrolling doors?

Anyhow I have not heard from you in a while via E-mail dude, you should keep in touch, your very inovative when it comes to those scripts! :)