Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scuba Steve

Éspi is quite possibly the coolest member here

After Art Contest Number 3, I said that I would make Espi's gun into a real ingame weapon. So I did.

Demon Gun!

It sounded so cool, and looked awesome ta boot. I kinda changed it into a weapon that was originally made for Doom though. What was it called, the Unmaker, that fed off dead demons? I kinda did that. It has a DEH embedded (never tried it before) so that means you have to use a mod that supports it... like Zdoom, or zDOOM. You can kill imps and demons to get their hearts to power the gun.

I made a version with the hand on it.. but it blocks the gun to much and I don't like that...I'll probably send it if someone wants to see it.

I have to give credit to Espi though, the gun is original.. but the design is entirely his.

[/omg]

OMFG this gun is powerful.

I loved espi's design from the moment I saw it, and it just took the unmatched sprite capabilities of ScubaSteve to pull it off. Great job the both of you.

***One slight bug***

If you have the gun, and you switch to the chainsaw, it crashes zdoom. Did this a couple of times. Anyone else have this problem?

Mancubus II said:

If you have the gun, and you switch to the chainsaw, it crashes zdoom. Did this a couple of times. Anyone else have this problem?

doesn't do that for me O_o

Jesus, this is fucking great. I was really hoping that someone'd make an actual weapon out of this...

Awesome work the both of you.

Well, I haven't been able to recreate the error I mentioned earlier, so it must have been a fluke.

Hey, nice work. :)

I've been wondering, what method you use to make these sprites... do you use a tablet or scanner perhaps?

I'd like to know that myself. That D'Sparil staff sprite was made pixel by pixel, and it was very tedious and time consuming.

Disorder said:

How do I start it with jDoom kickstart?

You'll have to extract the dehacked lump using xwe or wintex. Then rename it to .deh and load it with kickstarts deh option thingy.

I just have one thing to say... O_O That Unmaker is AMAZING.. it really adds to the Doom experiance, and its a shame they didn't put it in the game the first time.. now I get to play with it!!! Yeah!

Hey scuba, if I show you weapon sketches, could you hud-sprite them? I'm not gonna upload them tonight tho, dreadfully tired.

Just download it, it is only 32kb after all. That wouldn't particularly tax even a 14.4 user :)

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Scuba Steve said:

Or just download the deh here

What I meant was that I don't see where I can add this wad in the kickstart optionsscreen.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Seriously though, this is probably one of my favourite looking weapons from a 2.5D game.

you mean 3d with vertical limitations. since you can't have half a dimension, no matter what romero says.

Grogglogobofink said:

you mean 3d with vertical limitations. since you can't have half a dimension, no matter what romero says.

I meant 2.5D.