Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Willis

Creating high-res monster conversion

Actually, all the face could use is some dirt, blood, and maybe a scar or two.

Maybe it's because the face is too clean, and maybe a little flat.

yeah, if you look at the old sprite, he has like some yellowish stuff around his mouth, suggesting maybe decay or some sort of bizarre "zombie fluid" hehe. Add that.

Rubilacxe said:

yeah, if you look at the old sprite, he has like some yellowish stuff around his mouth, suggesting maybe decay or some sort of bizarre "zombie fluid" hehe. Add that.

It's definitely the mouth. Besides what Rubilacxe pointed out, the original shape was closer to a straight horisontal line, while the hi-res has something like a pout (totally out of place).
Good work otherwise!

Enjay said:

This is a major undertaking. Good luck with it.

heh.. yeah, it will probably take around a month to do one complete sprite.. =x

Well, if you ever do get it done, JDoom has hi-res sprite support! You could put them to good use for that :P

I'm not trying to be critical, but I've been working with sprites a while now, the chin is too small and curves prematurely..notice the original is more oval and shield shaped, the mouth shape should be simpler and the shading gradient is too harsh....and the stuff aroudn the mouth, thing is the original is so simple it's often hard to tell what went there, the best way to do it is pixel by pixel.

In case I sound like a griper, I'll finish this one for you if you want so I can show you what i mean. The rest looks pretty good, what method do you use? probably a bit more efficient than mine since I don't know half the tools in Psp.

This is a large undertaking, perhaps you need some help?

Xanthier said:

I'm not trying to be critical, but I've been working with sprites a while now, the chin is too small and curves prematurely..notice the original is more oval and shield shaped, the mouth shape should be simpler and the shading gradient is too harsh....and the stuff aroudn the mouth, thing is the original is so simple it's often hard to tell what went there, the best way to do it is pixel by pixel.

In case I sound like a griper, I'll finish this one for you if you want so I can show you what i mean. The rest looks pretty good, what method do you use? probably a bit more efficient than mine since I don't know half the tools in Psp.

This is a large undertaking, perhaps you need some help?

I think its best if its done by one person, then the same style will be used through out the entire mod. I do aprieciate your criticism though, and thanks anyway for the offer, and heres the first ingame screenshot, (the edges still need to be cleaned up and the face still needs some changes)

http://ca.internations.net/emuhacks/DOOM0003.png

Heh I think it would already look a lot better if you simply 2xSAI'ed (or some similar method) the sprites.

boris said:

Heh I think it would already look a lot better if you simply 2xSAI'ed (or some similar method) the sprites.

Hmm, I tried using 2xSAI on some Doom sprites, but the improvement wasn't as good as it usually tends to be :\

heh.. I just tried 2xSaI they look pretty bad.. I could get the same effect in photoshop by scaling then using the blur filter.. =/

demondemon said he was doing hi-res versions of all the sprites (at least he was last time I talked to him).

The face needs to be worked on. And what teh heck is up with the mini-zombie?!

Tormentor667 said:

Sorry, but this looks bad.

Why? How about giving a reason?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH...It's you! You don't need to give a reason. You don't like it because it's not something you made.

As has already been said, the face and gun need work. The legs look good though. Good luck. I hope to see more :D

Actually I am still making higher res stuff, it's just hit the back burner while I had a few... 'other' things to do. Needless to say, procrastination is my middle name... well that is, if I had a name change, it would have to be DemonProcrastinationDemon. :) But I WILL have something soon...er or later. ;)

Don't worry Shaviro, he was probably just looking in the mirror again =P

Huh, sometin' still bugs me about it a little. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Heh, cool, DemonDemon. All that matters is that it gets done eventually. :) I was gonna PM you, but I didn't feel like it. God, I'm such a lazy bastard. :(