Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
toxicfluff

Idiosyncracies and, uh... nothing else really.

Yes, this is one of those cheesy "let's find out about everybody threads. Got any?

A couple of mine:

If someone's talking to me and they use a word I really hate, I'll almost feel physically sick, pull a disgusted face and despise them for the next 10 seconds.

Eating noises... sloppy, gluttonous eating drives me up the goddamn wall - If this is happening I usually make a comment about putting their food in a bowl on the floor next time before running out of the room.

Socks - if I am fucking around with somebody, and I realise that they still have their socks on, I fuckin' freak. Socks are the antithesis of sex. They are anathema. They are socks.

Pens - must have a thin stroke. I refuse to write things if I don't have a decent pen at hand.

Taste - I am a complete, incorrigible, arrogant nazi about many things, such as music, cigarette brand, games, films and books, people, McDonalds.

People reading things I have written (even a shopping list for instance) in front of me. It makes me want to die.

"I love you too." Something about the phrase just doesn't sit right with me. The "too" just devalues it, makes it feel like it was prompted. I have happily eliminated this from my current relationship.

Kilroy - Uh, I feel ashamed about this. US people won't understand but the ones in the UK will. Something about this crusty, arrogant, annoying, insensitive and downright English man speaks to me. I don't know why, but I love him.

Agent Cooper from the twin peaks series. The character rules - I must think about him at least 4 times a day.

Cold baths. I hate them, but once I think about how much I dislike the sensation and how I am going to run one hot this time, my childish and self-subversive side compels me to run one. Luckily, getting out of one is about one of the best, most relieving things in my world.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Eating noises... sloppy, gluttonous eating drives me up the goddamn wall - If this is happening I usually make a comment about putting their food in a bowl on the floor next time before running out of the room.

Wow, remember ... never come over to my house :) We have like six ppl living here and most of them chew loudly with their mouth open. I, however, must have came after they chlorinated the gene pool, because I have English eating manners.

My idiosyncrasies are:

Photos. I HATE HAVING MY PHOTO TAKEN. Except on School Photo Day.
I always feel like there's someone beehind me, but there never is.
Kazaa is f***ing sloooow, so I usually try to restart the computer, knowing it won't help.
I am very annoyed by how all my brother's fish keep dying. They're fed, and their temperature is fine, but they all grow this grey mold and it kills them. Hey look, they like the bubbler. He's probably had about 15 fish die.
My mom always adoring me for everything I do. I bet if I said "Fuck you" she'll go "oh how sweet."
Backstreet Boys/*N SYNC. They are all gay. I think Weird Al made a song about which backstreet boy is gay. Of course, some of their songs are catchy.
How ppl always call me woman. Yo woman, do the laundry. Yo woman, help me clean the pool. It never ends! But my post does :)

Well, as long as we're on the subject....
-Things that annoy me done by my mother's second husband
He makes weird 'urp!'-ing noises all the goddamn time. He can stop, but, evidently we're not worth the effort.
He 'knows everything'. Sure, plants won't grow in the backyard... then where'd my mother's garden come from? Dick.
He watches TV Land 24/7.
He won't get up off his fat lazy ass to do anything for other people.
He buys these expensive RC vehicles that he can't even -use-. He's blind, too.
He was a former pot-head, but is instantly the 'figure of morality and virtue'.
He's self-absorbed to the point of nausea.
He wouldn't even marry my mother till she threatened to leave.
He hates my hobbies, and won't turn off the tv if I want to watch something or play a game.
He bitches at my mom about the things I do that annoy him. He can't talk to me.
You cannot hold serious, mature conversation with this man. It degrades into his petty whining.
He has the most god-awful piercingly whiny voice known to man. Fun fact, he is often mistaken for a woman on the phone.

Well, I feel better o_o;. Anyway, I intend to move out in about a year, anyway, unless he dies. Die, you old bastard!

-Normal things that annoy me
N00b-speak. It isn't l33t, and it's only amusing if you're purposely making fun of it.
Cheese the Chao. Stupidest addition to the Sonic cast. He's a godmodding Chao, I say! If I throw my Chao, they don't kill enemies, they just cry.
Being apart from my James... I wanna cuddle and molest him properly agaaain, but I can't do that until I save up enough money to visit him...
I can't get a Chris Redfield figure. The old RE one. Why does nobody sell Mr Bedhead?
I personally don't like the Americanization of anime. It makes it more shallow, and caters mostly to the kiddies.
Lieberman is a fucking bastard. He'd even try to ban Tetris.
Migraines, and what cause them (primarily, Dennis the fucktard).
People who chide me for minor swearing. I only do so when I'm angry, and even then it's totally reasonable.
Arrogant people. They can berate everything someone else does, even if they're crap at it themselves.
I hate having my picture taken, too XD.

Kilroy - Uh, I feel ashamed about this. US people won't understand but the ones in the UK will. Something about this crusty, arrogant, annoying, insensitive and downright English man speaks to me. I don't know why, but I love him.

I love him too.

heeheeheeheeheeheheheheheyeah :-p

- My can labels MUST be facing forward perfectly aligned.

- The bag in the cereal box must open perfectly as well. If it rips, I get pissed. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder rocks.

- I can't stop writing "teh" instead of "the".

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Pens - must have a thin stroke. I refuse to write things if I don't have a decent pen at hand.

Agent Cooper from the twin peaks series. The character rules - I must think about him at least 4 times a day.

i agree on these things. especially the last one.

something that drives me totally fucking batshit is when people try to prevent the usage of one meaning of a word simply because there's another meaning, and if, by some strange alchemy, you combined the two meanings into one, it could be offensive.

something else i don't especially like is when people cannot seperate the art from the artist, and refuse to enjoy perfectly fine art solely because of problems with its creator.

i do, however, fucking love those carnation instant breakfasts. damn they're tasty.

Kilroy? Kilroy-Silk you mean. Ahem, toss-*ahem*-er. I always watch the very first bit of Kilroy where he does his little intro, like "Your daughter's your uncle's nephew, and you're alright about it?" then switch over to Clifford the Big Red Dog before the world collapses. Clifford's my hero :D

Socks? Depends on the person. One of my ex's who had dark hair and pale-ish skin looked fab with little black cotton socks on. She had great feet though. Yeah, maybe it depends on the foot. Um, hmm. I dunno. Beats sandals though. Sandals turn me off big time.

Hey, you're English. Doesn't Anne Robbinson annoy the fuck out of you? She does me. Stabbity Stab.

What else annoys me? Forum lamers, like all you fags :P

stupid people annoy me.

Actually, I lie. Ignorant people annoy me... people who should know better then to be so fucking stupid. When they have been told they are fucking stupid. And refuse to stop being stupid. Because being stupid requires little effort on their part.

I have no problem with the genuinely mentally retarded. But doomboy just pisses me off.

darknation, i am weeping with laughter.

darknation said:

stupid people annoy me.

You must hate yourself then.

But doomboy just pisses me off.

Likewise, dickpipe. Your constant parade of smartass one liners and "look at me, I said something really stupid in order to get attention, now laugh"-ers annoy the fuck out of me.

For one, flame wars are about as uncool as derailing a thread. I also hate it when a girl wants to come back to the man who's treating her like shit but is touting, at the same time, that she's intelligent. My ex girlfriend is doing this right now...

I hate gangs. They're for insecure people who need to beat the hell out of other people (don't give me this economic inequality bullshit either) who aren't in gangs or are in rival gangs. Well shit, I guess everyone's on their list. Stupid asses.

I hate how whenever I'm mad enough I use "goddamn" and that's just not something I'm fond of.

I absolutely loathe hypocrites.

People who mispell any words (and especially when I do).

Irritating people who make irritating "ahem"ing noises and burping noises non-stop. I had to deal with fun emmy-award winners like these while I was at college, using the computer lab.

One last one for now -- I hate it above and beyond most anything when a someone is late to call you back or to come by your place.

EDIT: I hate it when you're forced to "rephrase" your words due to a lack of understanding of your vocabulary. Unecessary euphemisms are really dumb too.

More from me!

*The can labels HAVE to be PERFECTLY ALIGNED or else I go insane (been there so much, I can make a map of the place :)
*The way my parents FIGHT ALL THE **** time.
*Ann Robinson. She is a fucking bitch.

Argh, I knew my negativity was gonna spoil this. It ain't an "annoying things" thread. I meant eccentricities.

Oh yeah, and one other one is if my hands are dirty, especially with grease. I have to instantly run off to the nearest basin to wash them like a little girl.

I worked in retail for five years, so I've developed a lot of retail quirks.
* I must always have a pen in my person (no, I don't wear a pocket protector).
* I have an eye for "straightening up" retail settings: adjusting floor mats, facing shelves, brushing off little debris, shit like that, even when I'm off shift, even somewhere I don't work.
* I apologize for everything. Every imagined failure or disappointment. This pisses my dad off.
* Whenever I see someone having problems at a checkstand, I must fight the urge to jump in and take over, or at least give advice or instructions.

I hate it when people take my picture. No exceptions. It pisses me off to no end. And it pisses me off even more when people know I hate it but do it anyway. Bastards.

I hate religion. Well, not religion in general, but when people try to push their beleifs on me. A friend of mine broke into tears last night trying to convert me into Christianity. The whole damn conversation left me feeling sick to my stomach for hours after that.

Stupid people. I'm usually patient, but some people can really wear me down. Like this guy I used to know, Bob. He couldn't figure out how you could find North if you knew East and West. Hack and slash with a rapier? And did you know that the Army and Navy fight for different causes? He's the only person I know who would buy a standard when he can only drive automatic... he crashed his new car less than a week after he bought it. I guess the trees didn't like it's color.

I play Firearms a lot these days. Teammates who don't help you or act as a team piss me off to no end. You would think that if you see a teammate reloading you would cover them, or if they were being killed that you would back them up. And if someone is about to cap, you stop them, not ignore them. Damn morons...

And I hate it when people lead other people on. I'm friends with this girl, and whenever we talk online she's always very flirtateous. To the point where it's like" 'What do you want to do?' 'I dunno... wanna come over here and have sex?'. And once I see her in person she's completely distant. Such crap. Either act one way or the other, ya know? Don't play with a person's feelings.

*Edit* Well, now... looking at the topic, this post really doesn't fit in, does it? Oh well... there are enough other posts like it, I suppose.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Cold baths.

Contrary to intuition, taking cold baths or showers aren't the best things to do if it's hot and you need to cool down. You should also avoid cool soft drinks.

Instead, take hot showers (3-4 a day if it's (the air, not the shower ;) really hot) and drink something hot or lukewarm. Doing so will lead to relaxation, which prevents distress. It will also prevent the body from trying to change its temperature by sweating, which is probably the last thing you want.

Fredrik said:

Cold bath stuff

Believe me, it isn't health concerns or any kind of pleasant sensations which entice me into having them. It's like a mild masochism I suppose.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

It's like a mild masochism I suppose.

I see what you mean. I have a couple of similar habits, too.

deldelda said:

Backstreet Boys/*N SYNC. They are all gay. I think Weird Al made a song about which backstreet boy is gay. Of course, some of their songs are catchy.

Actually, even though there is a "Which Backstreet Boy Is Gay" parody, it was not done by Weird Al. Weird Al made the parody Ebay.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Oh yeah, and one other one is if my hands are dirty, especially with grease. I have to instantly run off to the nearest basin to wash them like a little girl.

Ditto. And I have to sleep with a box fan on. Even in Winter. I also have a strange compulsion to check the fuel gauge in my car more often than my speedometer.

On the rare occasions I do take a bath I get one really nice and hot. Then when the water's nice and still I turn on straight cold water careful not to do anything to make it really mix with the hot. If you don't move around hardly at all a nice thick layer of cold water will settle at the bottom of the tub obviously with the hot above it. I like to have it so the lower half of me is in the cold water and the upper half is in the hot. It's nice, but you gotta keep real still to avoid making the water mix and the temperatures equalize faster than neccessary.

* I have an eye for "straightening up" retail settings: adjusting floor mats, facing shelves, brushing off little debris, shit like that, even when I'm off shift, even somewhere I don't work.

I'm like this at video stores. It really irks me when the covers aren't lined up neatly infront of the videos and I'm completely unable to stop myself from straightening them up.

Hmm...

I hate when girls do a higher voice than they really have just to be "cute," (my sister does it all the time) even when they are ugly (like my sister)

I hate it when people just come in my room without knocking (I have no lock on my door)

I can't stand it when people borrow things without asking (rarely happens, but it does sometimes)

I don't like it when a majority overcomes a minority, when the minority is telling the truth and the majority just ganged together on the minority, therfore making it a miniority.

I don't like people who blatantly lie to my face all the time

I can't stand shirts or top-clothing that doesn't go below the zipper on my jeans (otherwise I feel like when I'm bending over everyone is staring at my underwear line)

I don't like skin-tight jeans like most of the hicks around this town go around wearing. They could atleast have a bulge to admire, but they don't even have that! Pfft.

It really annoys me when people just assume something about me without knowing if they are truly correct, only to find out later that they aren't.

I can't stand rap.

I get very disturbed when people with long fingernails touch my foil magic cards.

I don't like it when people are biased against something they don't know anything about.

I don't like it when people start drawing in my artbook for no reason, unless they're a person I really like, then I probably wouldn't mind as much.

And I'm sure theres alot more, but I don't really like the negativity of all this hate and dislike. Perhaps someone should make a thread about things they really like, not dislike.

Kuberr said:

And I'm sure theres alot more, but I don't really like the negativity of all this hate and dislike. Perhaps someone should make a thread about things they really like, not dislike.

The original intention of the thread was to evoke people's wierd compulsions and unusual likes/dislikes. It wasn't like the thread was naturally biased towards negative stuff.