Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThunderOrb

Another Random Thought Of The Day

pregnant with worms said:

roughly 33% of the world is christian, if i recall correctly. someone feel free to correct that.

But all 33% is right fucking here though. America is 80% christian if i remember my numbers right. I think the majority of posters here are American, which explains what i meant about location.

And christianity is that small? It's always seemed much larger.

Sometime a few months ago I heard a report on statistics of religions, and Christianity is #2 now. Muslim(sp) is #1. Praise Allah ... uhh. . . That kinda reminds me of the John Carpenter film In the Mouth of Madness where there is a Stephen King-like author who's work ends up becoming real because his books are more popular than the Bible. Awesome under-rated movie. I dunno.

Dingus Khan said:

But all 33% is right fucking here though. America is 80% christian if i remember my numbers right. I think the majority of posters here are American, which explains what i meant about location.

Perhaps it seems larger because you are in a country predominately Christian. How many other religions in america have their church/temple on every street corner? Isn't Missouri part of the "Bible Belt" anyway?

Christianty is just around a lot in the west, hinduism and stuff is around in central asia (which has a higher population density) and buddhism and taoism and all that is around in china and the far east (which have a fucking massive population density)

My main fear of death is upsetting people close to me i suppose, though if i knew i was gonna die i'd be shitting one for my own sake to, but on a day to day basis i mainly care about how much others would be hurt by my death. Thoguh i dont belive in heaven or anything, i reckon what you experience after death is the same as what you experienced before birth heh

Dingus Khan said:

Think Asia. As simple as that :P

Scabbed Angel said:

in the mouth of madness

that was a good movie. it always seemed like a total lovecraft thing to me.

All higher creatures on this planet have an inborn instinctual and unavoidable drive to live and reproduce. Heh, if not for the latter, then why the hell would we put up with women? ;)

Thats nature.

Religion is societal.

I see alot of religion bashing in most forums where said topic is brought up, but religion is not an all bad thing. Everyone needs something that is always steady and certain, a feeling of stability. Its hard to put that into words but you know what I mean. Noone is exempt from this. Some people find this in belief in a higher power, others in whatever else.

Ya know. This really does make me wonder why we are here. If there is no God, and there is nothing after death. Why is there a such thing as life? How big is the universe? How can something go on forever as they say the universe can? So much to learn. So much to never be taught. I'll be so happy when someone is able to give me a simple scientfic answer rather than a religious one. I know I know, big bang theory, matter, etc. It still doesn't make sense.