Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

[OT] Good email client?

Does anyone know a good email client for Windows? It should be free, customizable, and have ABSOLUTELY NO HTML SUPPORT.

Outlook Express sucks ass.

Err, how? I think there's an option, but I couldn't find it. You can turn html off in messages you send, but not the ones you receive.

Anyway, OE is not a email client, it's a pathetic joke.

Err, how? I think there's an option, but I couldn't find it. You can turn html off in messages you send, but not the ones you receive.

Anyway, OE is not a email client, it's a pathetic joke.

You may find some stone age version e-mail client at
http://www.msexchange.org/software/emailclients.htm

Look first for Eudora. What you want needs to be done at your IP. Otherwise, you may not see the html, but the data for it already on your comp.

Alas, Eudora is fully HTML-aware (AND shows ads) and not really any better than Outlook. Most of the other clients on that page are either completely dumb, not free or too cool (which is exactly what i don't want). :(
Well, thanks anyway :)

Alas, Eudora is fully HTML-aware and not really any better than Outlook. Most of the other clients on that page are either completely dumb, not free or too cool (which is exactly what i don't want). :(

from a review of foxmail:

The program supports all Internet mail standards, Multiple POP3 accounts, Background sending/receiving, Remote mailbox management, Quick message viewing, HTML message viewing. It also includes an email notifier.

HTML viewers may burn in hell.

Does anyone know a good email client for Windows? It should be free, customizable, and have ABSOLUTELY NO HTML SUPPORT.

PINE, if you have an shell account.

BTW, Lüt you look better every time I come back to those forums. When will you show some hot babes????

Right now.

Compile a pine CLONE using cygwin :)
Or get one that SUPPORTS html messages and turn it off.

Turn off the HTML in Outlook Express.

How do you turn off vulnerabilities? What is hilarious is how over the years I have seen these urban legend email virii (eg "good times") become reality, but for the most part they seem to only affect outlook users. Why in the world would any well-informed, intelligent person continue using that client?

PINE, if you have an shell account.

IIRC somebody ported pine to windows using Cygwin. Try a google search for "pine cygwin" and you should find it.

Ezpop is very stylish & lightweight. Skinnable, & very non-html. Even though it supports other email clients, it is a nice stand-alone program as well.

Thanks, I don't want anything with letters "EZ" in the name :)

IIRC somebody ported pine to windows using Cygwin. Try a google search for "pine cygwin" and you should find it.

Ok thank you I'll look for it.