Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
toxicfluff

Need a certain pistol...

Anyone know of a wad with a pistol which is a modified standard Doom one but looks a little more futuristic at the barrel kind of area? I need a slightly more modern looking pistol for my project and I couldn't find the right kind of design at Scuba-Steve's site.

//Edit: Goddamnit, I'm half asleep today. More modern not more futuristic.

Hey, dude, where'd you get that from? :) It certainly ain't at your site . . . I think.

Anyway, it's a good thing I'm here, cuz I have a veritable shitload of guns. First there's p-38.zip. It says it's a Walther P-38 but it looks like a Luger to me. Moving along we have Zombdpst.zip, which has the double pistols from the Zombie Doom Beta. Finally, there's the double pistols TiC made, TICDPIST.zip, which is pretty neat. Hope that helped you out.

I've been working on that pistol. I wanted to make a gun with more animations frames than one.

I wanna see those guns.

Damn, that's a real nice gun Scuba... you're without a doubt the most talented HUD weapons artist in the community (that I know of anyway).

That pistol is perfect, when's it gonna be done around?

Do you know where I could find a piece of Sub-Machinegun, Scuba Steve?

Yep, the problem is that the firing frames are slightly different from da other ones, and so if want to make 'em fire alternately, you get an annoying visual artifact . . . I still haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'll probably have to do annoying and monotonus copy and pasting. Or maybe you could help . . . :) Heh, that'd be two I owe you.

I saw it, pretty good. I hate the way Quake-ish weapons look though, and I hate the way they look in Doom even more, so I didn't get much outta it. Good work nonetheless, though.

the Beretta on there is nice so it the moonraker laser,

i would love to see how the golden gun would work...

would it be like how it worked in goldeneye where it kills practicly every enemy using only 1 shot?

yea but if it was in doom it would be so rare that it be available in 1 or 2 levels and the ammo would be hard to find and it be souped up so it kills everything in under one shot

(but then the drawback would be that there is already the bfg which is pretty much like my idea)

I had the golden gun kill people in 1 shot. there was some way that you could arrange the chaingun firing frames that when you shot it, it would fire all its ammo at once. Drawback is that you can only fire the gun once per ammo round. You'd have to find another golden bullet laying around the ground in order to fire again.

but if one sets it as pistol they would have to change the reload rate and the amount one can carry of the golden bullets