Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deldelda

stupid ZDOOM!!!!!

I recently got ZDoom and I unzipped all the files to my doom directory. So I got my Doom one, two, ultimate, plutonia, and evilution wads I wanna try with zdoom, you know, just to check it out. I right-click on Doom1.wad and click on "open with ..." then I browse and find zdoom.exe. piece of crap won't let me run doom, says it cant find bots.cfg when bots.cfg is in the same folder zdoom is in! Then, it starts up the doom2.wad file with no walls! aaaarrrrrrr! Anyhelp on how to get zdoom to recognize that bots.cfg is in the folder?

Oh yeah, and DETH is being a bit gh3y too. I made the shortcut and set it to full-screen, and even the path file is correct, and I double-click on it, and a little tiny window opens up, with a bunch of files listed as if it were working ok, then it just disapears. Does anyone know why DETH is so gay? Or should I Download a different zdoom-compatible editor, and in that case, which one?

NOt sure about the bot stuff but you don't need to drag and drop the main wads onto the .exe (like a wad file). just load zdoom.exe, and if it finds more than 1 iwad, it will ask you which one to use.

In fact, dragging doom1.wad over probably makes zdoom think it's runnig doom2 with doom as a pwad... which may exaplin the weirdness with the walls.

Regarding deth, if you want to edit zdoom, make sure you get zeth instead.

make a folder called "zcajun" and put the bots file in that and try running ZDoom with the command line "zdoom -iwad doom2.wad". To run user made maps, run it like this: "zdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file mywad.wad". Just change the wad specified with the "-iwad" option to change the game (ie: doom.wad for Doom1, doom1.wad for Shareware Doom, etc).

alright, it still doesn't recognize that bots.cfg is in zcajun, I'll just delete zdoom and deth, since i'm so mad. ugh, i think i should take a nap.

deldelda said:

alright, it still doesn't recognize that bots.cfg is in zcajun, I'll just delete zdoom and deth, since i'm so mad. ugh, i think i should take a nap.

The zcajun folder goes inside your zdoom folder. So if your zdoom.exe is in c:\games\zdoom then your bots.cfg file goes in c:\games\zdoom\zcajun.

Pay for it instead of using your warez'd versions...heh!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT