Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Beserk and Chainsaw Question

About how much more powerful does Beserk mode make the fist? Two times more powerful, three times more powerful, etc. Also, does it make the attack more powerful by making the fist code pointer more powerful, or by some other arcane means? Finally, is there any way I could remove the beserk effect from the berserk pack (so the player would still get full health) or am I stuck with this? (I'll need this in case my fist attack comes out too powerful.) This is all Vanilla Doom, by the way.

Secondly, how powerful is one chainsaw hit? Twice as powerful as the fist, half as powerful, etc. Thanks.

It makes the codepointer stronger because I replaced the fist with a new weapon that uses chainsaw codepointers and berserk doesn't effect it.

Berserk makes the code pointer stronger. To remove the berserk effect, you'd have to change the fist's codepointers to that of the chainsaw, however, it'll sound like a chainsaw! The chainsaw does the same amount of damage as a punch, or a single bullet.

So the chainsaw, the punch, and the bullet are the same. Huh. Arg, I still need to find out how much more powerful beserk is than the reg fist. I hope someone knows . . . [/thinking out loud]

Grimm said:

So the chainsaw, the punch, and the bullet are the same. Huh. Arg, I still need to find out how much more powerful beserk is than the reg fist. I hope someone knows . . . [/thinking out loud]

It's exactly 10 times stronger, according to the source code.

Hmm... Interesting lessons learned from Doom today. I don't need to carry around a gun, because I can just slug a guy in the face and cause the same amount of damage. On the other hand, I suppose a guy who can run 200 MPH while carrying enough ammo to carry out his own military campaign doesn't throw girly punches.

Good point. When you think about, though, he does have that brass knuckle, and he's probably hitting with force equal to a gunshot. Heh, I'd hate to get in a fight with that guy.