Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

RTC-3057 Screenshots

shaviro has notified me via IRC of two new screenshots of RTC-3057 available for your viewing pleasure. Witness them here and here, and then hope that RTC-3057 is released before the end of this decade.

This is how DOOM 3 would look like converted to the DOOM engine.

Keep up the good work, your hard work are not ignored

Shockwav3 said:

the first one kinda looks like a room from the first demo, tho.

kind of, but that's not a bad thing. i would hope the first hub would keep a consistent theme throughout.

Grogglogobofink said:

kind of, but that's not a bad thing. i would hope the first hub would keep a consistent theme throughout.

Indeed, but screens which show something more new would be nicer IMHO. But still nice shots.

Grogglogobofink said:

the first shot looks great!

Yeah, especially the sloped ceiling with the fan in the middle.

Yeah, great use of slopes in the first shot, and I love the metal/blue texture in the 2nd shot :)

Wow, if you turn it upside down, that first shot looks like a map from the old isometric game, Marble Madness.

Heh, nice shots. The first is pretty impressive, the second is as well, only a little bit less so.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback!
The reason these shots look like the demo is that the first hub takes place on a starship, so the design has to be consistent.

That first shot is awesome. The most productive use of slopes I have seen in a Zdoom map, the sloped walls look awesome. The second... I'm not as keen on.

Anyway nice stuff, and keep working. Who's on the RTC team btw?

What kind of places will we visit in the next hubs?
Also, are you planning to make a second demo? and what about a web site?

Wow, those screenshots look sweet - I sure hope there will be a second demo at least before the project is completed, too.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Anyway nice stuff, and keep working. Who's on the RTC team btw?

The people currently working on levels are shaviro, me and Cyb. Most of the textures are by Fredrik, with a few by shaviro and even fewer by me. Julian is doing most of the music, though there may be a few tracks from - yes, you guessed it - shaviro and me :)

Nice stuff! I've had serious problems getting ZDoom to run on my PC but this is the main excuse to make it work instead of always playing Legacy. :D