Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kinkyfriend85

History log

This is a txt file i am making.
Sorry if there are any inaccurate information here, this is being processed and please email me at kinkyfriend85@hotmail.com

if you got some information I don't have, Enjoy!

txt version at http://www24.brinkster.com/kinkyfriend85/history.txt

If url does not load correctly then load main url (i know my site blows,dont mention it plz.)

and then reload the history.txt

Hmm, just a bit of clarification on ZDoomGL...

ZDoomGL 0.1 -> 0.66.2 was done by Kokak and was based on the DoomGL port, but ZDoomGL 0.7 -> 0.74+ is done by me and was basically started from scratch with ZDoomGL 0.66.2 as reference for 0.7 (although there's virtually no code left from 0.66.2 anymore).

yep i am toxicluff :)

timmie said:

Hmm, just a bit of clarification on ZDoomGL...

ZDoomGL 0.1 -> 0.66.2 was done by Kokak and was based on the DoomGL port, but ZDoomGL 0.7 -> 0.74+ is done by me and was basically started from scratch with ZDoomGL 0.66.2 as reference for 0.7 (although there's virtually no code left from 0.66.2 anymore).

I knew zdoom Gl was based on zdoom and doomgl, read quite much but thanks anyways, I'll type that in the file. thanks :)

whats the date of 0.74 creation?
and the others if its not mentioned in readme's

Thanks

Yeah i know, thanks. i have found "evidents" that points at legacy was not even second first port. win doom seems to be. legacy was created in february 98 and win32 doom 1.1 the first days in january!

ports I would like to have, if any of you have these then please inform about it and I can copy it from you over doomconnector, yahoo or msn messenger. [SOURCE CODES ARE APPRECIATED AS WELL! :) ]

Vavoom [ALL VERSIONS BELOW 1.14]
All Boom, pr boom and boomsday (dunno a shit about 'em)

Doom 3d [ALL VERSIONS BELOW 1.14]

DOOM BOT
2.0a
0.2 beta

CS Doom [all versions below 0.62 if there are any.]

Doom Legacy
1.1 (only got the source for it.)
source for 1.2 1.3 1.32 beta 2 as well

Doomsday [All versions below 1.7.5, except for 1.0, 1.5.5, 1.6.1 and 1.7.2]

Dos Doom [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT 0.1 AND 0.64]

EDGE [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR 1.24 AND 1.27]

LSDLL Doom [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR 1.4.4.4

MBF DOOM [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR 2.03]

NET DOOm [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR 0.3

NT DOOM [ALL VERSIONS + INFO = VERY APPRECIATED.]

Skulltag [All versions except for 0.94]

WIn32 Doom [ALL VERSIONS PLEASE, GOT SOME BUT NO INFO.]

Windows Doom Multi-Player [All versions except for 0.9]

XDoom [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR 1.15 AND INFO = VERY APPRECIATED.]

ZDAEMON [ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR 0.96 0.95 0.99 1.03 AND 1.04]

ZDOOM [ALL 2.0 VERSIONS + 1.17A + 1.7B + 1.2 + 1.11 + 1.12]

Sorry for the caps, it can be a pain to make a want list, ill try to edit it "whenever i feel to"

I have ZDaemon 0.8, but instead of giving it to you, I'm going to be an evil bastard. Hoo hah!

deathz0r said:

I have ZDaemon 0.8, but instead of giving it to you, I'm going to be an evil bastard. Hoo hah!

you evil thingie :P nah please gimme gimme! :P

kinkyfriend85 said:

Doom Legacy
1.1 (only got the source for it.)
source for 1.2 1.3 1.32 beta 2 as well

I'll check my old back-up CDs for these.

Can't find any older Legacy stuff on my CDs or Zips, sorry. They must have gotten lost in a hard drive crash.

Thank you timmie, some of the urls i have been on already before, and darkwolf thank you anyways :) at least you put down some time on helping me and thats very appreciated!

You left out BOOM, which is very important. BOOM was based on Chi Hoang's DOS Doom, and was hybridized with the real DOS DOOM.EXE source code, which was secretly released to the BOOM team by John Carmack (we did not know this until about 3 years ago when Lee Killough revealed it in one of his farewell messages).

Ports descended from BOOM include MBF, prboom, GLBoom, and a few others which are lesser known.

SMMU, by Simon Howard (aka fraggle), is descended from MBF. The final version of SMMU is v3.30.

The Eternity Engine, my port, is descended from SMMU v3.21 with some code from v3.30.

In case you're interested, here is a complete history of all public Eternity Engine releases to date:

official releases
  public beta         -- 3.29 public beta 1 01/08/01
  public beta         -- 3.29 public beta 2 01/09/01
  public beta         -- 3.29 public beta 3 05/10/01
  public beta         -- 3.29 public beta 4 06/30/01
  development beta    -- 3.29 dev beta 5    10/02/01
  final v3.29 release -- 3.29 gamma         07/04/02
  public beta         -- 3.31 public beta 1 09/11/02
  public beta         -- 3.31 public beta 2 03/05/03

auxilliary releases
  Caverns of Darkness -- 3.29 dev beta 5 joel-2 04/24/02
3.31 public beta 3, with functional EDF capabilities, will be out VERY soon ;)

Speaking of history, does anyone have that modified version of Legacy that came out years ago that had a pre-mature scripting language? It printed messages to the console and I think did a few other things. I'm pretty sure this was back when Denis Fabrice and Pereira Boris were still working on Legacy.

I dont know, I got many "very old" ports and etc, so get me a name and i may have it.

I heard that cs doom 1.3 is very "unknown" but I have had it for many months... [not trying to show up as best, just that I may have stuffs not all has]

kinkyfriend85 said:

Great to hear :), Do you have any unreleased stuffs I could have?, And of course I want all released things too :P

If you're asking for older versions of Eternity, there aren't any easily available online right now, because I have no where to upload them. I have versions back to v3.29b2 on my HD. I'm not big on distributing them, of course, because they're crappy and, until v3.29 gamma, are only available in DOS ;)

BTW, SMMU is available on the Doomworld ports page. They have a ton of other stuff on there too.

MBF was made by Lee Killough, who was one of the cornerstones of the BOOM team. Most people consider MBF to be BOOM "Phase" 1.5 ^_^

Additions/Corrections for you:

EDGE Release Schedule
---------------------

(The credits are always given to the EDGE Team, but each release specifies the main developers of each release. I've checked the docs for these although my memory doesn't serve well here)

Initial development started 18th Sept 1999.

1.22 - 3rd April 2000 - Andrew Apted/Andy Baker/Erik Sandberg/Kester Maddock

1.23 - 10th April 2000 - Andrew Apted/Andy Baker/Erik Sandberg

1.24 - 19th June 2000 - Andrew Apted/Andy Baker/Erik Sandberg

1.25 - 19th February 2001 - Andrew Apted/Andy Baker/David Leatherdale

1.26 - 17th August 2001 - Andrew Apted

1.27 - 12th November 2001 - Andrew Apted

1.28 - 24th May 2004 - Andrew Apted/Andy Baker

Special mention should be made to Marc A. Pullen for his continued support role in the project.

The EDGE Project was started as a multiplatform Doom style Engine. The reasons for starting it were simply that we wanted to build an engine which you can build a game with and also that the "Doom on steroids" source port was being handled adequately by the other ports more than at the time. This continues to be the case.

DOSDoom Notes
-------------

The last version of DOSDoom that Chi Hoang worked was 0.63.

Versions 0.64 -> 0.653 were released by Andy Baker/Erik Sandberg/Kester Maddock/Martin Howe/John Cole and David Leatherdale.

boris said:

You're like a year to late.

I only just noticed the guy had been banned, but the post is good for historical notes.

boris said:

You're like a year to late.

You misspelled "too." Time to shut the thread.

Oh --

Your DOOM II release date is incorrect. October 10 1994 is the date.