gatewatcher

Samus vs. Sarge

Topic...  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Topic...

• Samus (Metroid)
    • Sarge (Halo)
    • Neither

Ok, if Metroid's Samus fought Halo's Sarge, who would win?

I bring this up because it seems to me that these games are somewhat similar. I mean, both seem to be flagship games (for mature gamers) on their respective consoles and have darker, more realistic undertones which their graphics (especially Metroid ;)) do a great job of reflecting. And with both these games getting sequels in 2004, they could be heading for a showdown.

I'm a Metroid zealot for a lot of reasons, mostly because I couldn't put it down whereas from what I've played of Halo it didn't seem a whole lot different from a game like Quake II. But, it did have an ok mp which I've played a few times on LAN's with friends, but still it wasn't the best mp I've ever played.

So share your thoughts on this, or add to the list of games, whatever.

Oh, and Samus would totally bitch out Sarge.

Samus. I enjoyed Halo a whole lot, but I have a deep spot in my heart for Metroid, as do many. Plus, I mean, she would just freeze em an' then load him up with five or six rockets. Or jump and spin with the screw attack and turn him into a billion pixle dust particles. Or charge up the wave cannon and smack him around the room.

Indeed... it would seem that Sarge's abilities fall soley on his range of weaponry. Samus and considerable weaponry as well, and also has a number of other abilities that give her a distinct advantage.

Well I haven't gotten the chance to play Halo, but I have played a lot of Metroid in my time, so I'd have to go with Samus.

Sarge? You mean the Master Chief, don't ya? ;)

Anyway, I still prefer Samus. Come on, she a babe! And a kickass one at that!

samus, of course. she's way too fucking cool for school.

samus, hands down
been a fan of metriod sense 1991. for a minute i thought u were talking about sarge from quakeII/III

I think I'll go with samus. She'd kick his ass. after freezing it. And send frozen ass bits(tm) all over the place. Thank you.

btw, in my opinion, master chief looks like a mix between Doomguy and Samus' Battlesuit. Very cool.

Seeing as Samus can run 40 meters per second, jump 7 meters into the air from stand-still, do instant-kill flying attacks and take hundreds of hits before she goes down - among many other things and in addition to being a hot babe who kicks ass, there shouldn't even be a fight :P

I only played super metriod, and never played halo, so my perspective may be slightly biased..
although super metriod is enough to convince you that despite being a fictional character, Samus does kick ass..

actually, since the characters are nothing without the player, I think it is me that would win the fight. ;)
but I believe samus has the better player assistive abilites and weapons.

KoRn said:

I only played super metriod, and never played halo, so my perspective may be slightly biased..
although super metriod is enough to convince you that despite being a fictional character, Samus does kick ass..

actually, since the characters are nothing without the player, I think it is me that would win the fight. ;)
but I believe samus has the better player assistive abilites and weapons.

A blind chimp controlling Samus would still win ;P

What guy in Halo's named Sarge? The black guy? Than in that case, I'll be in the odd man out and vote Sarge, because it's racist not to. ;)

Master Chief owns both him and Samus, though.

Samus, Although Master Chief himself IS pretty bad ass, even if in game he just shoots stuff. I'm referring to the book based on how he became master chief. "1000 of them and only 4 of us? Piss poor odds for the little guys"

and he survives a big missile by slamming the fucker out of the way.

Halo - Fall of Reach.........good book :D

Coopersville said:

What guy in Halo's named Sarge? The black guy? Than in that case, I'll be in the odd man out and vote Sarge, because it's racist not to. ;)

Master Chief owns both him and Samus, though.

That would mean it's sexist to not vote for Samus. ;)

This is no contest. Sarge relies on high tech weaponry and is just a STANDARD human, while Samus is a high tech weapon herself! There really is no 'contest' as to who would win a battle.

BUT, as far as sales go Halo 2 _could_ take it, but I highly doubt it. I'm not sure of the sales records of the first 2 games but as far as I know Halo's were higher. I'm probably wrong though

Sarge? Who? Do you mean the Master Chief, because if you do, then it's a pretty close battle. Consider these facts:

Both are largely unaugmented humans wearing powered suits.

Both have loads of high-powered weaponry, though Ms. Aran has an edge in this category due to her "science fantasy" rather than "science fiction" origins. Samus's most powerful weapons (as of SM, I haven't played much of either of the newer games) are arguably either her supermissles or her power bombs, both of which are high-powered explosive devices which would likely make short work of the Master Chief. Unfortunately for her, the Master Chief uses largely slug-throwers, which are instrumental in defeating the sort of slow-moving projectiles she uses, and also much harder to dodge than her too-slow-to-actually-fly-straight energy weapons. And while the Master Chief's pistol, assault rifle, or shotgun are all unlikely to penetrate Samus' armor properly, I'm pretty sure a SPKR (SPNKR? can't remember) would do the job nicely.

Both of them are pretty mobile, but Samus is an entire degree of magnitude more moble than the Master Chief, since she can turn spherical, jump in mid-air (eh?), and wallkick, among other abilities. Unfortunately, in combat, mobility is only useful if it allows you to more effectively attack or defend, and her abilities offer her little in that respect aside from her screw attack, which wouldn't be terribly useful against the Master Chief.

So, really, it comes down to skill more than anything. Samus has a long history fighting space pirates and other various alien critters, and the Master Chief has a long history fighting the Covenant, and more recently, the flood. Still, given their chosen occupations, I find it highly (HIGHLY) unlikely they would be in combat against each other, even assuming they existed in the same world.

Bah, Samus has been around longer and has better weaponry...

... Besides, anyone you can easily misspell to read 'Master Chef'...

KoRn said:

That would mean it's sexist to not vote for Samus. ;)

Master Chief has a female A.I. fused into his suit, so that evens it out, I guess... :P

spank said:

JILL OF THE JUNGLE

FUCKING YES!!!!

But ah, I'll have to go with Halo since its the best damn multiplayer console game in recent years (and thats all consoles are good for), and Metroid Prime was pretty lame (never played the older ones and I don't care too). So Halo wins.

Actually, Master Cheif isn't JUST human. Him and about 200 six year olds where kipnapped, and a fast grown clone left in the place of the kids, they were taken from all over the galaxy. It was a top secret op, the kids were trained to be marines. They grew up training and in their mid-teens were augmented, upgraded, flexible titanium was welded to there bones, pumped up with drugs and all sorts of unethical upgrades, but it was a top secret program after all. It was pretty intense several of them died in the process of upgrading, some were left permanently disabled. The master chief moves about 10 times faster than any human, *WITHOUT the suit* has incredible reaction times and can jump fairly high too, I think he scaled a ten meter wall in one jump. The suit was researched by the same person who recommended the kids for the program and kidnapped them all. She didn't train them but all the abilities they had, were her projects. Masterchief is quite a tough son of a bitch.

All of this info can be found in the Book, HALO: The Fall of reach.
You can still find it in bookstores, there are three books, I have only read this one though.
It starts just before John's (Yeah, his name is John) Kidnapping and ends at HALO. The two characters are not as far apart as you would think. They'll also never meet anyway, so such a debate really lies in your opinion :P

LorD BaZTArD said:

The two characters are not as far apart as you would think.

But would Sarge be able to take on the space pirates by himself? I think not!