Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Just out of curiosity...

Can anyone point me to a Heretic map (for Heretic.exe) that has a 3d bridge in it? AFAIK, I've never seen or played a Heretic.exe map that has one.

Doom_Dude is working on a Heretic series for Legacy. He released 1 map that used some of Legacy's features in Heretic. Of course those are control sector 3d bridges, and not the older style ones.

Rellik said:

I thought it was pretty fun too, and I hate SP. :p

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Heretic, but I enjoyed that map. DD has way too many projects on the go though.

Yeah, yeah, I remember playing that map like a year ago or so, it was pretty cool. But I wanna know is if there are any Heretic wads that utilize a good old fashioned fake 3d bridge.

You know I never could really understand why there are certain people that don't like Heretic as much as they would Doom. But I guess a lot of people aren't turned on by gothic stuff.
Personally I like both games about the same.

Hey, I like Heretic, its cool and I actually love Gothic stuff :) but I like DooM alot more than Heretic for one main reason, the weapon balance, the weapon balance in heretic is horrible hehe, Heretic is cool to go through in SP but its DM is kinda blah.

DevastatioN said:

Hey, I like Heretic, its cool and I actually love Gothic stuff :)

Glad to hear it :)

the weapon balance in heretic is horrible hehe, Heretic is cool to go through in SP but its DM is kinda blah.

Weird, I always thought the weapons in Heretic were pretty well balanced out.

I don't particularly like Heretic because the palatte is kinda funny, and because it basically just feels like a sprite replacement for Doom to me. I love Gothic stuff. But I'm not a Goth. :)

Hey just read this. Thanx for the comments. :) The first thing I'm going to do after finishing my 'megawad upgrade' is finish that Heretic episode. I have 4 or 5 maps for it that have a lot of work done on them, so theres a good part that be already done. In the 3rd map I have a nice 3d bridge of the non-fake variety, that is in this ancient underground area. Here's a screenie of the bridge.

http://megawad.newdoom.com/Screenshots/shadow04_sm.JPG

DooMBoy said:

Can anyone point me to a Heretic map (for Heretic.exe) that has a 3d bridge in it? AFAIK, I've never seen or played a Heretic.exe map that has one.

A couple of years ago I went through the entire archive of Heretic wads and found no 3D bridges whatsoever. And I've not seen any since then, either. (and I didn't know how to build them when I built my Heretic maps)

Doom Dude said:

Hey just read this. Thanx for the comments. :) The first thing I'm going to do after finishing my 'megawad upgrade' is finish that Heretic episode. I have 4 or 5 maps for it that have a lot of work done on them, so theres a good part that be already done. In the 3rd map I have a nice 3d bridge of the non-fake variety, that is in this ancient underground area. Here's a screenie of the bridge.

http://megawad.newdoom.com/Screenshots/shadow04_sm.JPG

Nice! That looks pretty fucking spooky.

Nice! That looks pretty fucking spooky.

Hey thanx BBG. It's not quite that dark in the game and a lot of the ambience in the shot is due to Legacy's glfog effect. After I took that shot, I made a waterfall in the room and used one of the Boom linetypes to scroll the water but it was impossible to see the waterfall a few feet away, let alone from the bridge, so I adjusted the light level upwards. Now it's no longer as dark as it once was. Still looks pretty good tho IMHO. :)