Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chopkinsca

slow doom

We all know that doom is a game about a marine fighting through hordes of monsters while managing to run full blast through the installations.. but it is also fun to slow down the run/walk speed of the doomguy and play the levels more strategically.. Mouselooking assists the feel of a slower doom, but just as fun.
actually, this is the only was I can play on the harder difficulty levels if I don't know the level..

maybe it is just because I always used to play with "auto-run" on, and no mouse look doesn't make sense if you can't run.

I recall that at the compet-n site they had one of their contests that involved "stroller" mode. No running, no strafing, and I think it had to be pacifist too. The basic idea was that you were representing an ordinary unarmed civilian wandering through the world of Doom.

Found it.
Scroll down to "A Walk In the Park :: (18th July, 1999)".

I play the way KoRn described all the time; what's a better way to show the spectator around a level?
No strafing or running is a bit of overkill, though. I wonder how Adam W won that contest, was Mike T on a vacation or something? =)

Grazza said:

I recall that at the compet-n site they had one of their contests that involved "stroller" mode. No running, no strafing, and I think it had to be pacifist too. The basic idea was that you were representing an ordinary unarmed civilian wandering through the world of Doom.

Reminds me of myself when I first played doom :P

KoRn said:
but it is also fun to slow down the run/walk speed of the doomguy and play the levels more strategically..

What, whith -turbo 50 or something like that?

actually, this is the only was I can play on the harder difficulty levels if I don't know the level..

Slowly on higher difficuly? Explain.

myk said:

Slowly on higher difficuly? Explain.

so he would have more time to stategize, i think.

EDIT: by the way, i like this idea.

Personally, I played "slow" with just the keyboard when I first bought the game several times. One of the fun parts of replaying today is seeing how fast you can blaze through a level 'n spank those damned par times :-)