Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbilly

Help running wads in ZDoom

Greetings all,

I am running ZDoom 2.047 and loving it. However, I can't figure out how to run WADs other than the ones for Final Doom. There is no documentation with this version of ZDoom and the console commands don't seem to work. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Normal command line stuff still works ( -file, -warp etc.) with the notable addition of -deh (for dehacked/bex patches).

If you've never used the command line before, it's this:

zdoom -file whatever.wad

-iwad is also useful to specify which iwad you want to use; otherwise Zdoom will offer you a choice of any that it detects.

If you're an XP user, then you may need to specify the full paths; e.g.:

c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -iwad c:\doom2\doom2.wad -file c:\doom2\hr.wad -warp 22 -skill 5
or whatever ;)

I'm having the same problem and I don't have MS-DOS prompt. How do I run doom1.wad under zdoom w/o ms-dos?

You have a dos prompt.

Edit: Wait, I forgot. Your copy of doom is warezed. No help for you.

Seems to me that I should upload my ZDoom MapSpawn program which I've been using to load and play all my PWads. It's not the final version and is kinda stupid actually, but it'll load just your PWads and IWad without any complaints other than "Save changes?" And I plan on getting rid of that. Oh yes, you'll need the latest comdlg32 dlls from dll-files.com if you don't have them. Those get dragged into your system folder or Windows folder.

I'm not ashamed to say I use Visual Basic for front end loaders like Java Easywriter and ZDoom MapSpawn.