Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

What is your favorite Horror movie?

What is your favorite horror movie?.

Mine is "Stephen king's It", it just scare me when I was 12-14. Even tho second part of the movie "serie" isn't that good. And the ending is pretty bad, but it still my favorite horror movie.

Come now, there are too many great horror movies to narrow it down to just one... but I suppose I'll just go with my favorite zombie movie for now and say the remake of Night of the Living Dead. I don't care how many times I see it, it never gets old.

Nosferatu... Evil Dead... Re-Animator... The Wicker Man... The Ring...

They Live gets an honourable mention as well, even though it's more sci-fi than horror. It just rules.

Depends what type of horror movie you mean:)

General: Hellraiser I/II
Zombie: Dawn of the Dead
Comedy: Dead-Alive

I don't have any one favorite (there's far too many to choose from), so here's a few off the top of my head:

Friday the 13th (first half of the series)
Howling 4
Halloween (except 3)
Poltergeist
Lost Boys
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hellraiser
Nightmare on Elm Street
Alien
The Omen (except 4)

EllipsusD said:

Come now, there are too many great horror movies to narrow it down to just one... but I suppose I'll just go with my favorite zombie movie for now and say the remake of Night of the Living Dead. I don't care how many times I see it, it never gets old.

The 1990 ver. directed by Tom Savini? God I love the movie. The best Zombies EVER. Thats one of my favorites. In the mouth of Madness is another.

EDIT: How the fuck could I forget Hellraiser?! 1,2,5,6... the last two sequels are suprisingly good imo. I love too many horror movies to list though..

"The box, you opened it, we came."
"But its just a puzzle box!"
"Oh no, its a means to summon us."
"What are you?!"
"Explorers of the outer regions of human experience. Demons to some, angels to others."
"Go to hell!"
"We can't. . . not alone."

Hmmnn... I think I'll change my sig now.

Event Horizon.

It appears as a sci-fi flick but it's actually a haunted house flick.

Plan Nine from Outer Space.

To be honest, horror movies don't really do much for me, though I find some of them entertaining (e.g. Final Destination). When I was a kid I found Nightmare on Elm Street a bit scary though, but funny too. The only film that really disturbed me in recent years was Seven.

Night of the living dead (the old black/white version).

I like Event Horizon a lot. Just saw it a few weeks ago (for the 93894th time ;)

Scariest movie... hrmm... the only Movie that's scared me in recent years was The Devil's Advocate. Not a horror movie really, but the effects that releaved that some of the lawyer/yuppies were demons really bothered me because I do believe that demons exist in day to day life. Just that the effect was so subtle.

darknation said:

Nosferatu... Evil Dead... Re-Animator... The Wicker Man... The Ring...

They Live gets an honourable mention as well, even though it's more sci-fi than horror. It just rules.

Ditto. Good stuff, all of it. As for Kubrick's "The Shining", does anyone remember that scene where the boy is wandering in the hotel and he sees some guy in a guest room getting fellated by another guy in a bear costume? That was some sick/genius material.

I recently saw the Japanese Ring. I was really getting into it until right near the end where they used this overly loud and cartoonish "WACK!" noise. I spent the rest of the movie laughing.

The Thing. It's just so damn cool.

Scabbed Angel said:

EDIT: How the fuck could I forget Hellraiser?! 1,2,5,6... the last two sequels are suprisingly good imo. I love too many horror movies to list though..

There's a Hellraiser 6?

I only remember 1, 2, 3, Bloodlines, and that one with the ice cream truck that sucked.

Anyway, Hellraiser is probably my favorite multi-sequel horror series. The makeup is good, and the plot is usualy good (at least in the 1st two).

But, the real question is, what -version- of The Thing ^_-? There were two that I know of (old b/w one, featuring "shut the door!" "close the door!" because, err... snow. Yeah.) and then the new one with countless gooey special effects.

I though Evil Dead 2 was funny... but, I'd say my favorite was that zombie movie with the people trapped in the mall... *shrugs*

The original The Living Dead is a classic though, with its sad, unexpected ending....

House of 1000 Corpses. In fact this movie gets in the running for my favorite movie of all time. No it's not scary at all. I just think it's beyond fucking radical.

house of 1000 corpses is indeed a very very fine movie. pure redneck hell. and, actually, the part with the scarecrows and the masks didn't scare me, but it really really fucking bothered me.

other than that beautiful film:

texas chainsaw massacre
evil dead 1
suspiria (not scary. but the soundtrack is pure fucking comedy.)
braindead
from dusk till dawn (if that even fucking counts.)
george romero's dead trilogy
sorority girls and the creature from hell (THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER.)
henry: portrait of a serial killer
salo (if it counts. also, i wish this movie would be re-released on dvd. very. fucking. badly.)

and many more i can't remember and will feel stupid for forgetting, i'm sure.

salo (if it counts. also, i wish this movie would be re-released on dvd. very. fucking. badly.)

Is that sub-titled "120 days of sodom"?

I hate to sound like a Heretic here, but I don't like horror movies. I have always been a big fan of action and/or comedy movies, however :P

Lüt said:

Is that sub-titled "120 days of sodom"?

sure is. based on de sade, of course.

Cecillia said:

But, the real question is, what -version- of The Thing ^_-? There were two that I know of (old b/w one, featuring "shut the door!" "close the door!" because, err... snow. Yeah.) and then the new one with countless gooey special effects.

John Carpenter's