Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

My first try at a flash web-site

Well, earlier I was struck down with inspiration. Pretty soon I'm going to have Elbyran42 unhost my site over at the Depot, and have my own flash site. Right now there's a few minor errors on the page, but enough to get an eye-full of coolness :P

The New Dark Nexus Gateway

Let me know what you think, but try not to be too critical about it, it is afterall my first try at a flash site. (Yes the links are down, this is just the main page).

How big is the file? It seemed to take a while to load. Maybe it's just tripod being sucky.

I'll take this opportunity to pimp my own flash page.

http://www.freeartistweb.com/jmdesigns/main.swf

It'll eventually be my portfolio page. Still no where near finished though.

Edit: Oh, thats why the frame rate was slowing down so much. Forgot to disable scaling. :P

Edit2: Fixed

Now when you update, do you have to upload the entire thing again? I'll take MySQL, PHP and CSS over Flash.

It looks pretty cool. It would be better if it would scale tho. Those buttons that get bigger then fade are cool looking.

I just want to point out that unlike the other newdoomers here Doom Dude doesnt have a custom title, thats not really fair.

Im sure its up to your usual high standards melfice, but the size and the music put me off visiting it until I get a bigger monitor and a faster connection. It should be finished by then anyway.

mystic said:

I just want to point out that unlike the other newdoomers here Doom Dude doesnt have a custom title, thats not really fair.

What, you get an automatic custom title for being a newdoomer?

Interesting. If I didn't know better, I'd say people were being rewarded for having jumped ship, but what does little old ignorant me know about intersite politics.

I'm working on a portfolio flash site at the moment. It's called Disorderland. It's far from finished. But I'm quite satisfied already.

Damnit. When will people learn about embedding music in webpages. If you insist on including music, at least put a 'stop this annoying shit' button in a prominent place.

Actually the music itself is pretty cool, and fits the site well. Though the loops a bit dodgy. I guess I just don't like music on webpages.

Apart from that, it looks real nice :P

Hey I'm not worried about having a custom title and I don't think it's unfair. I'm just posting a few here and there like I've been doin for the past year or so, maybe just a little more so is all. Anyhow get back to the site talk or somethin. I'm gonna go test that strife map........

[edit] Agreed on the site music..... it can be annoying. I dunno how many times a web sites music blasted my ears off when I was cranking some Iron Maiden and this weird music joins in and scares the shit outta me when I'm dozing off tryin to map some crap.

Well, I've done some more work on the page. I added an intro page (yes, with music), where you can choose between two different screen settings. I'll worry about the music part a bit later.

Entrance Page

Yay hooray.

And if I knew anything about making it scale, then I would.

Argh!!!! Even more annoying music :P

Now I don't want to sound overly critical but, whilst the introduction page does look cool and all, having to wait 20-odd seconds before I can choose a resolution is a pain in the ass.