Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

DCK & Windows XP

Has anyone able to get DCK running under Windows XP? I know about the DPMI issue w/ non-DOS OSes, but must I run it from F5ing at startup and loading the appropiate (VESA & mouse) drivers?

i don't believe it's possible, otherwise old ex-dck whores like myself would have found a solution years ago.

DCK won't even run on win9x and those are based on dos (you need to boot it in pure dos), NT stuff (2k and xp) has no hope of ever being able to run dck short of some sort of miracle

Dammit, I really would like to make levels again but that's blocking me from doing so. Guess I will have to wait for Gherkin's Doom Builder editor... *sigh*

Mr. Chris said:

line or vertex drawing? I do line drawing only

deepsea and xwe both have line drawing

Deepsea doesn't build the blockmap correctly on maps when I build nodes with them.

Mr. Chris said:

Deepsea doesn't build the blockmap correctly on maps when I build nodes with them.

Don't think so - or if you think so please send me the level you think has a bad blockmap. However, it's easy to use any other nodebuilder you like, since it has always used an external nodebuilder - DeePBSP.

DeePBSP has built literally 1000's of levels and never has there been a blockmap problem. In fact, DeePBSP was the first nodebuilder to support a blockmap over 64kb. Current version is 11.8 (not the old version at DW) sbsoftware.com