Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

How long has it been...

...since you've played through the original Doom's E1 on UV? For me, it was fifteen minutes ago.

A year or two. Unless you count the levels on the Playstation Doom.

5 minute ago, as I've finished Knee-Deep in the Dead and Shores of Hell for my Doom64: Doom Revisited project. :P

About a month ago I played all the Doom episodes (in order).

Must have been a year, did every level up to and including Military Base on -fast from scratch. Never finished - there are just too damn many WADs to demo, heheh.

Melfice said:

5 minute ago, as I've finished Knee-Deep in the Dead and Shores of Hell for my Doom64: Doom Revisited project. :P

Talking about this...how's it going tho? Progress?

Ontopic: Last time it was with my dc3coop.wad, several weeks ago

About a month ago I played all the Doom episodes (in order).

Same here. jDoom? Or the original .exe? (Heh, there's no excuse to play through Doom under ZDoom or Legacy. :P)

As a matter of fact, I ran through it last night. However, I was bored so I threw on Suprwep8.deh and blazed a trail of cheating glory through the whole episode.

Maybe tonight I'll find the energy to cheat through Episode 2 as well.

Original doom.exe. I just finished doing the same with doom2.exe, and just in the part couple of days I've finsihed playing Deathkings of the Dark Citadel (all three classes) using JHexen .996.

Mr.Chris said
Talking about this...how's it going tho? Progress?

I'm halfway done. All maps from Knee-Deep in the Dead and Shores of Heel are done. Now I just gotta get done with Inferno and Thy Flesh Consumed.

Ichor said:

I just finished doing the same with doom2.exe, and just in the past couple of days I've finished playing Deathkings of the Dark Citadel (all three classes) using JHexen .996.

You must be bored easily ;)

Hey, is Deathkings of the Dark Citadel good? I beat Hexen under max difficulty with all three classes a long time ago (on the N64, at that) and I'm looking for a new Hexeny challenge.

By the way, what do you find the most satisfying to play as? I always like the Wizard myself.

In response to Grimm's question:
I'd say that yes, Deathkings is worth it, if you can find it anywhere online. It's quite the challenge too, IMO, I guess the Raven level designers just pulled out all the stops on this one and made it really tough. They did a good job too, the levels are well designed and fun to play through, although texture misalignments run rampant, and like I said, it's rather tough, especially on Berserker, Warlock, or Cardinal difficulties.
And I almost always play as the Fighter.

Hmm, probably only once ever. About 6 months ago when I got collector's edition.

It's very challenging and fun. It has only three hubs (original Hexen has five), but the maps are generally better designed and a little larger than the original Hexen maps. I like playing as a fighter, but Brackenwood is terribly hard with that class. The Korax mod is fairly challenging, but mostly in the beginning (but still fun). I haven't tried it on the expansion yet though, but I can imagine that it's nearly impossible on some of the early maps.

I'd say that yes, Deathkings is worth it, if you can find it anywhere online.

Found. While I was at it, I got Strife, too. Both brand new and low priced . . . jeeyah!

About a year ago. I've spent much more time playing Doom2 than Doom1.

Deathmatcher said:

it was a couple of months ago, when I completed DooM Tyson-Style (which includes UV as probably all of you know).

What, all four episodes? That's impressive.

I haven't played Doom E1 in ages (I haven't posted on the doomworld forums for at least as long, heh), but am going to play it tonight in UV and fast monsters with someone (coop) who never played DooM before.

A really long time because I don't like E1. If I play Doom, which isn't very often, it's usually E4.