Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Uhh, i'm stumped.

So, I've been talking to a girl online lately. It's coming along nicely, we're good friends now, and spend alot of time talking to one another. Now, I'm not much for dating over the internet since not only could I be talking to some 80 year old perverted guy with a chainsaw and "Internet Molesting for Dummies 7th Edition", but even so, how do you date on the 'net anyways? Can't exactly go out to dinner... But, as I talk to her, I'm finding myself more interested in her and wishing I was down in Florida to ask her out.

So, do you all think internet dating could work out ever? And how would you exactly "date" over the 'net, anyway?

I'd recommend exchanging photos or something.
be honest.
they also have things like telephones and video-conferencing.... :)
good luck!

Personally, I'm not really into the concept of using the internet to find someone you'd want to meet in real life later. I prefer to keep internet relationships as internet relationships. I've never had one of a romantic nature either.

Opulent said:

I'd recommend exchanging photos or something.
be honest.

Done the pic-swapping thing. She looks like a DoA girl, not a UT player. And I've been honest, lol

My sister was in a similar situation. Her and this guy thought they were totally compatible with each other. They both travelled half way across the world to a mutually (in)convenient meeting place and discovered they simply didn't get on with each other in RL.

Hope things work out better for you.

Well yeah, if it clicks and you both find that it's easy to talk about things and have long and interesting conversations, after exchanging photos and whatnot you could try and meet (which puts the dating into net dating.

Unless she lives on the other side of the world or she appears to be a he...!

ok net dating is the most difficult thing ever done:S i have done it before and it was ok for a little while. then when your feelings grow more there is only so much you can do. after a certain point you need to get physical (not sex necessarily but just some kind of physical contact) or at least thats how i felt in my case. i couldnt take it... so we umm "ended it"

I've made some good friends on the net but my parents would be completely against the idea of meeting them. Perhaps when I move out... never gone far enough to be "net dating" though, since I'm not really interested in that idea. I'm sure real life is better and more convenient.

I have a tale about internet dating. I met a girl whom I thought was just great. She was extremely nice and extremely attractive (for a while i thought it was fake, but it turns out it wasnt). I've known her for nearing 4 years now. After a year and a half of just talking and stuff we both started liking each other a bit more. I wasnt too keen on the whole 'net dating thing...but i figured what the hell. Nobody in real life here likes me, so why the fuck not? Anyhow...I was with her for quite some time, i cant remember how long but it was close to a year. It was the greatest thing ever. One day she told me, "For your birthday I have the perfect gift. I'll come visit you." So i was beyond fucking excited about her coming to visit, and guess what. She wasnt able to make it. I cant decide if she didnt really want to or if the unfortunate family crisis really happened. After that reality sunk in and i realized it was kind of hopeless since she was very far away and probably wouldnt ever get to visit me. We continued to talk now and she keeps saying that she should just move to where i am to "fix things".

Internet dating would probably work if you were in the same state (province or area for those outside the us). But being very long distance is pretty tough to keep up. Unless you and he/she are both fully capable of travelling to meet each other.

Well, I personally really like someone on the net right now and all signs point to "Pass GO and collect $200." I turn 18 and graduate this year, so who knows what'll happen in the year to come...but I'll stop there.

Fredrik said:

Remember Katarhyne. (OMG horror!)

I don't think anyone was stupid enough to have a net relationship with Kat.

Mewse: Very true. With a touch of Img/Adjust/Brightness Contrast you can make Janet Reno look like a Fredrick's of Holly-Wood model.

I once dated online. But the guy on the other end wasn't a girl, it was some crazy perv who wanted to stalk me and kill me. Thank goodness I realized I was dating myself under a different alias, eventually. ;-)

Ed said:

I don't think anyone was stupid enough to have a net relationship with Kat.

I think everyone was stupid enough to have a net relationship with Kat.

Actually, I could shorten that sentence.

I've never had a net relationship, girls don't like me online or off!

I don't think you can really "date" someone purely on the internet. I'd guess playing a mmorpg together would be the closest you can get without actually meeting up and making out.

insertwackynamehere said:

I once dated online. But the guy on the other end wasn't a girl, it was some crazy perv who wanted to stalk me and kill me. Thank goodness I realized I was dating myself under a different alias, eventually. ;-)

:P

Twice. But both girls lived less than 30 miles from my door and I had 99 percent certainty they were in fact who they were claiming to be, so there wasn't all that much risk involved.

There are only two ways to be absolutely certain someone on the 'net is who they say they are:

1) You know them in real life (obviously you could first meet them in RL after meeting them on the 'net)

2) Use webcams for a live chat :)

Jonathan said:

I've never had a net relationship, girls don't like me online or off!

Girls sure do like me! I'm a great friend.

BlackFyre said:

<--is glad he's married and doesn't have to worry about such nonsense.

I hear ya, man. I don't miss the dating scene at all :)

Yeah. Send photos. Talk on the phone. If the photo is not accurate when you meet in person, that is a test of trust failed. Dump her lying ass. More often than one would expect, it can work. Personally I hate online relationships. There is so much lost in the translation.