• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KoolKat

Screenshots up! Web site done!

boris said:

Ugh left handed weapon.

Left handed people should be able to play games too. I don't see the problem.

Left handed weapons freak me out! ;)
There is one thing I don't get, though...Why are pistols always in one of the corners? You would never hold it like that, you would hold it straight in front of you, like in Doom.

Fredrik said:

Sure, in modern games you can usually chose, but in Doom you can't.

I'm left-handed. So is Link and Edge. :P

Besides, the Doom guy punches with his left hand, and holds the pistol with his left hand, too.

Ahh, just play a lefty gun for a while and you'll go ambi. (For games.) Now I made the site on my old comp and the fixedsys.ttf font looked fine, but on here it sucks! :P Thanks 4 feedback.

edit:
BTW, there is a technique called "point shooting" where you don't aim, you hold the gun off-center. It's supposedly more instinctive/responsive than aiming (with a great deal of practice).

And that great deal of practice comes, of course, from playing light gun games arcades. :) I should be a master by now.

Fredrik said:

heh, my brother is left handed and he always shot right handed. even he thinks it's weird the other way around.

Shaviro said:

Why are pistols always in one of the corners? You would never hold it like that, you would hold it straight in front of you, like in Doom.

Hmm, I dunno. I've fired a 9mm Beretta pistol a time or two, and I never held the gun exactly in front of me like the Doomguy does in Doom. It's in front of me, true, but off to the right. That way if it kicks back, you won't get smashed in the face by the gun :)

DooMBoy said:

Hmm, I dunno. I've fired a 9mm Beretta pistol a time or two, and I never held the gun exactly in front of me like the Doomguy does in Doom. It's in front of me, true, but off to the right. That way if it kicks back, you won't get smashed in the face by the gun :)

Beretta 96's don't kick that much! Try a .44 mag Ruger Super Redhawk with a scope! ;) It's a revolver.

Hold the pistol with both hands and your arms fully extended straight out in front of you. Thats the proper and safest way to fire one.

Shtbag667 said:

Hold the pistol with both hands and your arms fully extended straight out in front of you. Thats the proper and safest way to fire one.

Ditto.

Shtbag667 said:

Alternately you can have your trigger-arm locked in front of you and your supporting arm bent at the elbow and mostly relaxed. That way you can guide the kick to either side of your head and recover quickly. It's also quicker to draw that way, it would seem to me...