Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Question about forum.

PH has always been orange red and yellow, atleast last time I strolled down there for a visit...

and to be "Subscribed to a forum" is to have a little thingy come up in your Control Panel that tells who the last person was to post on that forum and what topic it was on. That's all.

Same here (since last July at least), but at one time it was green. I don't know exactly what it looked like back then though.

PH used to be green on the old boards. Subscribing to a thread shows new posts, subscribing to a forum shows all the new posts / threads

Post Hell was cooler when it was Green. Back then, it was fun to read because of the lack of embeded midis/wavs.

the_Danarchist said:

Post Hell was cooler when it was Green. Back then, it was fun to read because of the lack of embeded midis/wavs.

Goddamn right. Heh, I was the "mod" of it back then as well.

Doesn't posting on a thread automatically subscribe you to it? I'm sure this was true in the past.

insertwackynamehere said:

What does it mean to be subscribed to a forum?

I think it means you get email notifications when someone posts there, too. (if you have it turned on)

Subscribing is annyoing as Hell. I once went to a forum that had it on by default, and didnt realize it until I checked my e-mail and there were 50 new messages in there.

insertwackynamehere said:

How do you subscribe to a forum?

AFAIK, it's been removed, but I don't know for sure.

the_Danarchist said:

Subscribing is annyoing as Hell. I once went to a forum that had it on by default, and didnt realize it until I checked my e-mail and there were 50 new messages in there.

Yes, it only makes sense in forums that aren't very active, and that you don't visit very often. I have it activated for the prboom forums, for instance.