Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

The Ice-Man rules

Interesting new stuff about the Iceman

What do you think about this Ice-Man? Does he interest you? What theories do YOU have? Mine, personally, was that this may have been a gladiatorial fight. The bow and arrow, the axe and the dagger were obviously his weapons and the tattoos may have been the mark of a warrior. The clothing is said to have been warm. I think that maybe since he was a warrior, he was held in high regard by his society, and therefore was able to get better clothing than regular people. His final meal may have been a ceremonial one.

Considering where he was found I wouldn't be surprised if it was just gang beating over food or something.

What I wanna know is how old is the invention of the bow? It must be damned old because I can't think of a single culture that didn't have them. Possibly older than our species or something. Sort of like fire.

Aliotroph? said:

What I wanna know is how old is the invention of the bow? It must be damned old because I can't think of a single culture that didn't have them. Possibly older than our species or something. Sort of like fire.

Yeah, because just like fire, bows were created in nature :-P

Well...technically, if the Neanderthals (sp?) created the bow, you're right.

Wow, this is interesting. I never even suspected or even fantisized of Otzi being murdered. Kinda interested to see where this leads. I'll have to watch the Discovery Channel on the 24th now.

It was probably a Neanderthal teenage gang, or maybe a Neanderthal moffia whom he had betrayed. Or maybe it was Ewoks. :P

People were assholes, even way back then XD...

The oddly disturbing thing is, nobody noticed this frozen fellow's injuries until now o_O;. With all the publicity it garnered, the original investigation should have been more through than "let's cut open his belly~! FOOD~!"...

fodders said:

Hardly murdered as there were no laws then. Murder is unlawfully killing isn't it?

To assume that prehistoric man didn't had laws and rules in their societies is equally silly. Still ancient human societies tends to be very tribal with the protection of the law only covering those within a tribe.

He has most likely been the victim of a territorial conflict between two tribes and is thus a victim of war rather than murder.

I don't believe in a ritual sacrifice, neither do I believe in the shepherd theory. Sorry, but I don't believe a civilian would walk around with a top-o-the-line metal weapon. As for the remote place in which he died he might have been brought there. Maybe in some kind of burial rite, or maybe just as a way to get rid of the evidence.

i thought this thread was going to be about x men.

Interesting stuff. It says that the guy was in a fight that lasted 2 days? That's was one tough Iceman. ;)

TeamKill said:

It was probably a Neanderthal teenage gang, or maybe a Neanderthal moffia whom he had betrayed. Or maybe it was Ewoks. :P

Well actualy, they think that humans and Neadndertals might have fought against each other and the Neandertals were eventualy killed off by the humans. But I think 5,000 years ago is in the post-Neandertal age.

the_Danarchist said:

...the Neandertals were eventualy killed off by the humans.

They wern't, they colonised America :P

fodders said:

They wern't, they colonised America :P

No, they were just put in charge here.

From what I have heard, the neandrethals were a lot tougher than humans, more animalistic... smaller brains, though. Is the iceman a neandrethal or a human? A neandrethal standing up to a few humans for two days isn't so hard to believe...

Looks human to me. One would think Neanderthals would be bigger, or something. Maybe I'm just stupid.

He's human. Neanderthals seem to disappear from history around 20,000 years ago. Our friend Otzi isn't nearly that old.