Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomRater

Yo Cyb!

I loved MassMouth so much I decided to extract the player sprites, face sprites, and character sounds to make a Legacy skin! (Legacy skins work in ZDoom, and ZDoom has even less strict standards on what is acceptable format, so be GLAD I MADE IT LEGACY FORMAT!)

Anyway, before I reakin release it, I think I should have your permission. After all, it's supposed to be a tribute to you, Cyb. Y'know, a present for doing such a frickin cool job?

that's fine but I wasn't aware legacy could scale sprites...

I used the MassMouth 1 sprites for the player sprites. So no scaling needed. Then I used the massmouth 2 facebar, and the massmouth 2 sounds. Va!
edit: one more thing: I do not have your e-mail address for the premissions. Perhaps I could get it?

I should slap myself. Anyway, you be cool. So how do I get it uploaded to Doomworld again? Just upload it into incoming? Or is there antoher part like claiming it on another spot or something?

DoomRater said:

I should slap myself. Anyway, you be cool. So how do I get it uploaded to Doomworld again?

Err, you don't upload anything to Doomworld (well, unless you're DW staff that is).

You upload stuff here.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Speaking of MassMouth 2, who does the maze in map 10 refer to? ("Who would build a maze like this?")

I think Daedlius, who built a minotaur maze called the labyrnith and ended up getting thrown in it himself! PErhaps you heard of his son, Icarus?

not even close

who is the massm2 level themed around? now figure out what he's done.

BTW, from the Forum FAQ:

Please do NOT create new threads addressing a specific person in order to communicate with them. Use e-mail, AIM, ICQ, MSN or Yahoo instead.

sargebaldy said:

eh, i don't think this was meant as a specific message to cyb, he's just talking about his skin.

Looks like a private message to me.

Pay extra attention to the title of the thread.

i know the title, but the body counts too. seems to me he wanted to announce it to everyone but specifically wanted cyb to see it.

The number 1 purpose of the message was to ask Cyb's permission. Requests for permission should always be done privately - what if he'd been minded to refuse?

Ichor said:

Like I said, no luck translating that gibberish.

Search posthell for threads made by "Username".

Grazza said:

The number 1 purpose of the message was to ask Cyb's permission. Requests for permission should always be done privately - what if he'd been minded to refuse?

I'll pay attention to the fact that there's e-mail links elsewhere on these pages to contact people. The main reson I didn't contact by e-mail was simply because I needed this info. heh... didn't think I was doing anything wrong.

"Oops, sorry." -Ogre's deathblow