Find results in...
cactus

about doom weapons....

I was wondering how to create a doom2 weapon;
is that difficult?
I saw the railgun,and it seems to be made whith the particle effect,
does this kind of weapon can be created whithout a big programming
knowledge?
Does exist some tutorial on creating a weapon?
There was too a cool site I can't re-find in which was a huge cool collection of customized doom weapons.

The railgun is simply a bex codepointer. Not much can be done with Doom weapons. Essentially:

You can fire a hitscan attack (pistol, shotgun, railgun)
You can fire a projectile (rocket, plasma, bfg)
You can use a melee attack (punch, chainsaw)

You can't edit how hitscan weapons act but you can change how projectiles act, at least a bit.

You can make a projectile "die" after a certain distance and make a pretty decent flamethrower with limited range. You can also make it obey the laws of gravity (ZDoom's LOGRAV is better for this) or even make it bounce around (FLOORBOUNCE) like the grenade launcher in SkullTag.

Not a whole lot you can add really. You can't make spread projectiles (not until the monster codepointers work perfectly) or shoot them up and down or anything very complex.

Edit: fp

Edit2: Try this: http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2/weapons/index2.htm

cactus said:

I was wondering how to create a doom2 weapon;
is that difficult?

Well, it's not too hard if you use ZDoom and bex, as you can use monster projectiles in normal weapons now. (just look at MassMouth 2's first weapon)

Monster codepointers don't work just yet because they don't fire unless you've been shot by someone and even then it doesn't use ammo and will repeatedly jerk your screen to whoever shot.

If you're referring to the blaster that shoots green plasma I'm pretty sure that's a rocket because it has a rocket trail of particles.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Well, it's not too hard if you use ZDoom and bex, as you can use monster projectiles in normal weapons now. (just look at MassMouth 2's first weapon)

actually massm2's first weapon fires rockets :P

well where can i find bex infos?
Is that an output file type you do using dehacked?

Bex is an extention of DeHacked. It's Boom EXtention to DeHacked. You can't exactly edit it in DeHacked.exe but you can open a .deh in notepad and edit it. I'm not sure where to get information bex codepointers but the ZDoom website has some information.