Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Hellish Transformations

I had a thought about this. I think that in some of the later base-style levels, they should actually physically (in the game) change while you're going through them. For instance, you're going down a hall where you have killed everything there. Suddenly, the ceiling above you starts dripping. Since it's dark, you turn on your nite-light on your helmet and look up. The ceiling has turned into blood. Then the ground beneath your feet begins to morph. It turns squishy. You look down and see that the ground has turned into bloody intestines and other assorted organs. Then the walls to either side of you begin to take on demonic appearances. The right wall begins to bleed blood, and the left has strange, rune-like, bloody markings all over it.
And this doesn't have to be a 'set thing'; it can happen at any time during one of the later base levels!
Whatcha ya think?

Have you played max payne[best third person ANYTHING ever made]? It would be cool to see that, even improving on carmacks little pools of radiation, water, and blood; almost reminiscent of the zelda game where pictures seem to come to life[nintendo's sucked for a long time now...]. It would be easy to implement with a script: Oh crap! I just killed the wrong guty and all hell is[already has] breaking loose? The ceiling texture turns to particled blood. The floors begin to boil with blood. Even 3-d "hallucinations". Clive barker's undying did a good job of scaring the hell back into me...

Heh, yeah, looking at the paintings in undying with clairvoyant vision or whatever the heck that spell is, was a pretty scary experience :)

id has always tried to design the engine and in game textures, and leave the rest up to the users to hack. I think with DooM]|[ they should beef the engine BUT also take the extra month or 2 to add the extra detail, particles, [already] plenty of lighting[lack thereof], and the said "scary" or "weird" details as high blood loss hallucinations, starting around 30% health leading into great amounts of shooting at demons that aren't there by the time you reach 5%, "ghosted" of course--like transparent. I don't know..maybe I'll design my own damn game.

All terms and ideas, implied or not; posted by anyone at anytime anywhere, become property of help420me(a.k.a. MasterOfYou), from this day forward, with no implied credit or recognition of original[uh-hem] idea commer-uppers. Please contact your lawyers before submitting ideas.

just kidding...geeez

I think it would be a good idea to have the shit change like that...but everytime u played the game not during..almost like a diablo type thing where its not always the same.....