Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_of_Killers

New Mancubus and *real* new Pinky

I am working on a new version of the Mancubus: I'm renderind him like a big two-armed slug wit a big mouth and two cannon on the shoulders.
But today I have seen the incredibles images of the new "Pinky" Demon and the two monster are very similiar (except of the cannons). I would like to post some *small* image to this community (tell me where) to know your advice if I can continue or if I must redesign the monster.
Drawing any frame of an animated monster is a **lot** of work, so I would be sure that my fatigues are useful.
Tnx

The problem here being that no-one can download from the incoming folder. Send em to me and I'll stick em on my webspace for ya. airraid666@yahoo.com

I put them in the "art" directory on the freedoom site

You should put my version of the AGM logo (in the proposed_story directory) in the art directory too ;)

This replacement for the Mancubus looks damn convincing to me :)

They look more like ventilator openings or some kind of turbo cooler openings in cars. I hope you understand what I mean.

They look like the toaster I have upstairs :P

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They look more like ventilator openings or some kind of turbo cooler openings in cars. I hope you understand what I mean.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too I've never been convinced with the guns, in fact they appear in this fashion only on this sketch. The final version, who' coiming this evening (here is morning), has only two black holes.

they look fine to me, the mancubus fireballs can be remade to fit the new weapons :) (I envision flying toast)

Now I see him into a wad and I've tested him in map07. In my opinion is too light, should I derken him?

------------------------------
ROFL. :)
------------------------------

what?????????????

baffled by new Mancubus sprite. excellent work, S.o.K! the other contributors will have a tough time to keep the quality level you set. =)

Baffled I too for your kindness, but I can tell you some thousand errors in the aniation and the use of Doom palette and the colors etc....
I hope to make better work in next sprites, meanwhile i've updated my "sluggy"

Now I see him into a wad and I've tested him in map07. In my opinion is too light, should I derken him?

IMO you should try to darken them. Else they are very nice. I did not expect to see enemy replacements that soon.

Hey, S.o.K - I just saw your sprite in the WAD. That's cool man! Yeah, I think it should be a bit darker. It kinda looks washed out at the mo. Apart from that, it's cool.

if this monster makes it into freedom the name will have to be changed, like "DooM" the word "mancubus" is copyright of id. May I suggest the name "Uncubus"?

He don't have feet but in the animated gif he sure seems to be walking on something, indicating some kind of skeletal structure beneath ONe of the coolest things about the old mancubus was the death: the skin fell away and the spine and brain popped out. I think you should keep with the tradition and show us what's on the inside.

I have darkened it and the skin drop out yet from the bones (or somethig else...).
I have always called it "Sluggy". I known it's not a scary name, but if Carmack call the Demon "Pinky".... However, how can we make a poll?

Now I'm working oin the remake of our favoured space marine, but this is an another thread...

------------------------------------------
Some frames seem to be cut, you don't have to fit the guy exactly into the original size if you did that, the pictures can get a little bit bigger.
------------------------------------------

Well, I have used exactly the same size of the original dumped with Wintex... Maybe te *body* of the monster is smaller than the original, but the entire picture, including guns and smoke trails, fit the entire original mancubus area

I had some problem with my original scans, so I had to modify two or tree times the contrast and the brightness of the images to obtain a decent result. Applying the doom palette I've lost almost all the enhancements. So the brightness is wrong

-------------------------------------------
Maybe I can help you with it, just send me your original images and I see what I can do with it.
-------------------------------------------

If you can do something, it should be very appreciated. This is the first sprite I have ever rendered, so any help
comes welcome!
Mail me for the details.

Last thing: some day ago I received a mail from Nobody, but I can't reply to him cause an adress failure. Don't worry, Nobody, the answer is yes