Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silverwyvern

Art Contest # 5

Loving all the work so far :)
Here's the next topic chose by Espi. Enjoy. I personally would like to see more layout drawings here so I'm glad he chose this.

THIS WEEKS CONTEST: Draw a location from an id doom map.

Have fun as always. :D

I'm afraid i can't take part in this one. Apparently i suck, according to my AS level art results. Don't expect anything from me anytime soon.

BlueSonnet said:

I'm afraid i can't take part in this one. Apparently i suck, according to my AS level art results. Don't expect anything from me anytime soon.

Hope your kidding man you have an excellent talent keep the art commin.

Espi specifically wanted doom maps from id... I thinking that as long as they look like something from those maps, then it's fine.

Draconio said:

Here's mine, though I doubt I'm going to win any contest with it. I always thought this area was rather cool.

Map 09 "The Pit"

Thanks for draw my fav doom2 map. :)

BlueSonnet said:

What's AS and since when does it determine if you enjoy making art?

heh, that's cool assmaster. although i don't really see the E1M3 in it too well =P
i'm assuming that's supposed to be the secret bridge that raises up?

Yeah, thats the secret bridge. I'll probably put up the screenshot that I used later on. And yes, I know there's supposed to be a wall on the other side of the bridge, but meh.

Edit: there was more that I wanted to add, like some really nice barrels that I made (imo), as well as some particle effects and volumetric lighting. But there is such a thing as "too much".

Edit: oh and uh, thanks =)

Ready.
http://linux01.org:2222/gfx/armorvest-small.png 744x529 8-bit grayscale interlaced 283KB
(http://linux01.org:2222/gfx/armorvest.png 4651 x 3308, 8-bit grayscale, interlaced 188KB)

It may look a bit crappy but heh the scan is worse than it looks on the paper!

What 1337 png codec.... smaller sizes at higher resolutions.

Done by hand without any computer or tech stuff. Used four pencils (types H, HB, 2HB and unknown one), and a lot of cosmetic stuff shoplifted from parents to do some smudging :P