Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

Been a while...

Does "KeithFlnt" ring a bell anyone? For a short time I was the 'other' cyberdemon but that was WAYY back.

I feel like I've been out of the scene for so long! For anyone who was a IRC junkie back in 1998/99 you may remember #doom2 as the hot spot.

I'd guess nobody remembers me and I think Linguica even forgot (or chose to ignore me) when I e-amiled him a few months ago to see how things were. Obvioulsly the doom communicty has had it's revival of interest. Things seemed to slow down in 99'.

My memory is kinda dry right now but the only two people I remember chatting to the most back then were BahdKo and DVS01. Nemesis is another but he also loved to start s** with me. :-) :-)

BTW- did you guys see the doom chainsaw on romero's site?
http://www.johnromero.com/general_pic_archive_05.htm

Woah - noskill died? That's sad. RIP.

Hey!

"Obvioulsly the doom communicty has had it's revival of interest."

I don't agree. Yes, more have entered the community since Doom3 has come so closer to its release, but revived.... nah, I don't think so. Maybe that's just me...

You can still find Bahdko on irc.stealth.net in #nm and DVS comes on #zdaemon on irc.freenode.net sometimes

Grimm said:

It's this lame verison of Hexen.

OMG! Grimm is teh cool

Grimm said:

It's this lame verison of Hexen.

What's hexen? A lame version of Strife? :P

Yeah, but with better action. :) But, Doom is a lamer version of Hexen, but it also has better action. Which leads us to the conclusion that when non-lameness goes up, action goes down! Aha, this is why modern FPS's aren't as fun as Doom!

Hey Keith! It's me DOOMBOY! I changed my name a while back to evade a ban! How ya been bud?

Epyo said:

Hey Keith! It's me DOOMBOY! I changed my name a while back to evade a ban! How ya been bud?

Ehh? You're not DoomBoy... or were there two DoomBoy's? o_O;

/me spanks Epyo for telling lies
I'm the one and only real DooMBoy, and Epyo is going to get a good thrashing. Anyway, I don't think I've ever heard of you until just now.

DooMBoy said:

/me spanks Epyo for telling lies
I'm the one and only real DooMBoy, and Epyo is going to get a good thrashing. Anyway, I don't think I've ever heard of you until just now.

Your not doomboy, YOUR Epyo!

Grimm said:

Heh, well I touhght it was funny, at least. Whatever. :P

Just kidding. Though Doom is the end all and be all. Sorry Hexen, you come in third place, after Doom in first and Heretic in second.

Lvangundy said:

Obvioulsly the doom communicty has had it's revival of interest. Things seemed to slow down in 99'.

I'm not sure how you'd assess that, but in this post I gave some figures for uploads to the community archive, which is at least a rough indicator of activity.

Of course, Doomworld itself has become more popular, as it has become better established and other sites and Doom resources have died off.

Maybe there has been a kind of revival (or at least a lessening in the rate of decline of interest), as people have returned to Doom after being tempted away for a while by newer and more superficially attractive games.

ravage said:

Your not doomboy, YOUR Epyo!

no i am teh reel boomdoy and YOUR high lol!!!111

Epyo said:

Where's Strife? Honorable mention?

Strife is ass.

Lvangundy said:

Fraggle! I remember you too.

There was also...man.

Kinda still around:

• Cyb
  • mewse
  • Linguica
  • Jon Rimmer
Kinda not around any more:
  • Afterglow
  • mystican/tom_
  • aurikan

Does ANYONE have the #doom2 logs? I'd LOVE to see those.

I think Ling has loads of logs somewhere.

PS. Katarhyne is a guy.

Ralphis said:

Speaking of oldies, where did Chroz go?

Oh he went to Spain with the original Doomboy!