Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Abandoned Outpost

Ismaele has sent me some bad news - he has decided to abandon his Outpost of Hell 3 project:

I think that I only wasted my time working on this project. It only disappointed me and I am bored with it, because I have always had to face a lot of problems, the main of which is WadAuthor limitation! I tried to avoid this problem by all means, but it has always occurred; it forced me to split the level I have had in my mind, it compelled me to delete a lot of sectors and sidedefs, to renounce my ideas... A lot of problems of gameplay and playability occurred and I am not able to solve them!

The project may be given to someone else in the future, but in the meantime watch for some more reviews at his Outpost of Doom 2.

fp! props to all logged in trolls!

Heh, I've always wanted to say that. Sad news about the proj.

what's the wadauthor limit, more precisely? I've had no problem with 30000 sidedefs in a single map... so what the heck has he been trying to build, anyway? :-)

Whatever, I stand behind my earlier statement, that if you've reached the maximum Wadauthor limit, then bypassing that limit is the least of your problems.

well isn't the 32768 sidedefs limit an engine limit too, anyway? or perhaps it's been removed in some of the ports? At least it is a limit with doom/doom2.exe.

ukiro said:

well isn't the 32768 sidedefs limit an engine limit too, anyway? or perhaps it's been removed in some of the ports? At least it is a limit with doom/doom2.exe.

It's a limitation of the level file format actually. And the BSP splitting lines like crazy doesn't help too.

"Uh, why is this crap on the front page?"

Something to do with "News" and "Doom" I think.

And he didn`t just switch over to another level editing program rather than cracking it and quiting because.....?

He did try another level editor, DeepSea. This is a problem that spanned weeks and several people, it's not like he's just up and leaving for no good reason.