Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

My First DM Map

I've tried out Doom Builder and came out by making my first DM map. I think it's pretty darn good compared to most of my levels so...

Click here to check it out! Please come back and give me your opinion on the level, Negative or Positive I don't care.

If you need anymore info just consult the txt file inside the zip. Oh yes and it's for Doom 2, not Zdoom lol.

EDIT: I fixed a small bug in the map. It should be fine now.

The trees look fantasy-like (I like mordeth's trees better), but other than that its cool. Large map it is for DM, gotta play this with at least 8 players I think.

You have a bug tho:
Near the plateau with the stairs from 4 side, the south-east walls wearing middle-texture "ROCK5" are marked "Double Sided" but they dont have a second sidedef. (this explains why Doom Builder's 3D mode gives you black view for everything behind this wall)

Gherkin, the map has ~30 sectors without lines (reports ZDoom). So it's not only with my map. Heh.

Ok that explains one of the holes i saw. The reason for the lines and all was becase I never found a way to delete unused secotors, lines, etc. with Doom Builder. I'll have to fix those errors and send The Ultimate Doomer an e-mail to delete the older version of this map from the incoming folder.

cyber-menace said:

I'll have to fix those errors and send The Ultimate Doomer an e-mail to delete the older version of this map from the incoming folder.

I think mailing Ty Halderman will be more successful ;)

Ok thanks! I sent him an e-mail. Now about those lines... they do show up, but I don't have an editor to remove them with. I usually use Deepsea, and WadAuthor and they don't create this problem. It's not really a problem anyways... so I'm not going to bother with it.

No I fixed that. I mean the lines with no textures... the lines from my deleted secotors... only Deepsea can fix them, but the maps way to big.

Ok, I fixed the other 6 errors in my map (2 unclosed sectors, and four onsided lines with two sidedefs) So now it's in perfect condition and uploaded to newstuff!