Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chilvence

What is the doom shotgun?

I already asked on newdoom, but I thought I might have more luck here. Im trying to find photographs of the original doom shotgun to use as a reference for modeling it, but all I can find is a picture of the toy version from the rellik's trip to id article.

If anyone knows the model, or even the manufacturers name of the shotgun that the doom one is based on, it would be a great help.

Um, dude, all you have to do is look at it, then skin and model how you think it'd look...it's a shotgun, man.

Yeah, but theres only one picture of it that I know of. I need one from every angle, and Im gonna be able to find that alot easier if I knew what the toy is based on.

Shotguns are pretty standardized, there aren't many significant variations in construction unless you go to the mossberg. Just find a generic shotgun and it should be fine. The toy was very generic looking.

chilvence said:

I want to make a model of what it is, not what it roughly looks like.

Use your imagination, just don't steal the model that comes with the basic JDOOM model pack.

Im not going to steal off that thing. Im trying to replace it, not make something worse.

I just want to make a 100% replica of the shotgun that I have probably killed over 10,000 hellspawn with. I cant use imagination to do that, I need detailed photos.

Anyway, I found some (unbelievably random luck), and theyre a bit blurry but they'll do.

I saw a shotgun *exactly* like the Doom shotgun in a movie once. I think it was in Vietnam and they were trying to rescue a woman or sokesuch . . . but that's all I remember.

I saw a shotgun (double barrel) that looked a lot like Doom's in evil dead: army of darkness.
There's a scene where Ash tells everybody the model of the gun and where he can get it. That *might* be useful

Rellik, do you have the original picture with you holding the shotgun? I just thought, if it was taken on good old fashioned film, you might be able to read the brand name under a magnifying glass...

I have that toy shotgun! I never realized the similarities before... and I've often walked around the house with it at chest level playing "Doom" with the living room furniture.

If it's still where I think it is, I'll grab it and take a few pictures.

Dunbar said:

I have that toy shotgun! I never realized the similarities before... and I've often walked around the house with it at chest level playing "Doom" with the living room furniture.

O_o. You have some freakin' issues my friend :-P

Dunbar said:

I used to play Doom all the time myself. :) But I'd always be a Cyber Demon, I believe my name was Cybie. And I could detach my rocket launcher and attach other neato gadgets. :D My brother was always a Imp, Impy, and we'd always fight off a large mob of invisible marines that tried to raid our bedroom. :D Endless imaginary entertainment for when we couldn't get to sleep at night or just durring the day. :D

But hey, if you are looking for a shotgun Here is a real Shotgun. Real life like dimensions, sounds, colours, textures! It's like someone litteraly crammed a Real life macho shotgun into your computer screen! :D

Dunbar said:

Cool! Specifically, I need some detail on the rear sights, the end of the barrel, and both sides of the gun. But if you cant find it, would you remember where you got it or who made it?

DOOM Anomaly said:

Real life macho shotgun into your computer screen! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! um.

chilvence said:

Im not going to steal off that thing. Im trying to replace it, not make something worse.

I just want to make a 100% replica of the shotgun that I have probably killed over 10,000 hellspawn with. I cant use imagination to do that, I need detailed photos.

Sounds boring imho - I'd be much more interested in a shotgun that was designed to look somewhat futuristic like the Doom 3 shotgun does.
Something that mixes modern day style with futuristic designs, mmmmmmmmhh.
I've SEEN modern day weapons before - they're not all that interesting compared to imaginative futuristic-looking weaponry.

Well, I was thinking of modelling the uzi-type thing doomguy holds in the title picture as well, but for now I want to do this.