• E2M2
    • E2M3
    • E2M4
    • E2M5
    • E2M6
    • E2M7
    • E2M8
    • E2M9

Since these are all the rage, what's your favorite E2 map? Personally it's E2M2, hands down, although E2M7 is great as well. what does everyone else think?

Hold on, if SargeBaldy and DoomBoy both voted for E2M2, and I did too, why is there only 1 vote for it?

NiGHTMARE said:

Hold on, if SargeBaldy and DoomBoy both voted for E2M2, and I did too, why is there only 1 vote for it?

Make that two votes :)

Deimos Labs, no doubt. Heh, I just realized how much I don't particularly like E2. :P

E2M2 or E2M6, will vote for E2M2 tho, but E2M6 is really cool with these scary wood halls for get the red key. :)

The thing I like about e2m2 is the crate maze and I general like it most.

Grimm said:

Deimos Labs, no doubt. Heh, I just realized how much I don't particularly like E2. :P

Imo, episode2 is on par with episode1, at least the first and end levels. I don't really like e2m5 that much. I love the tech/hell theme used in episode2.

I'd say it's a very close race between Command Center, Spawning Vats and Halls of Damnation. E2M1 = corn hole leavings, though.

EDIT: This thread is teh se><0r

e2m7! I really like episode 2 and I'm designing a zdoom based tribute to the entire episode.

I personally like E2M1 merely because of its music in PSX Doom. Even though the level is short and simplistic, I love the way it looks.

Melfice said:

I personally like E2M1 merely because of its music in PSX Doom. Even though the level is short and simplistic, I love the way it looks.

Job said:

E2M1 = corn hole leavings, though.

Heh.

E2M6, but that may be a bit skewed since my favorite Doom music plays on that level.

E2M2 and E2M7 are also cool as I recall.

Melfice said:

I wouldn't have minded if they had just stuck to the stone2 look like they did for the first half of the level. The part where you teleport to the place with all the Gstone looks really out of place IMO.

DooMBoy said:

I wouldn't have minded if they had just stuck to the stone2 look like they did for the first half of the level. The part where you teleport to the place with all the Gstone looks really out of place IMO.

The level feels like it was rushed, and maybe the gstone texture was a standard texture or something, I dunno. It feel a bit like my zdaemon episode1 contest map, it have alot of startan2 textures, because I got rushed in the end.

Heh, you should never rush a map. That's a problem I have - I give myself a short deadline, like around two or three days, and if the map's not done by then I say screw it and move on :(

I don't do deadlines. It makes it a lot easier for me to concentrate on the map without having to worry about finishing it on time.

I know I shouldn't set deadlines for myself, so from this day forth I shall take my time on each and every map I make to ensure they are the best that they can be!

DooMBoy said:

Heh, you should never rush a map. That's a problem I have - I give myself a short deadline, like around two or three days, and if the map's not done by then I say screw it and move on :(

Well, this was a contest, and I started the last day, heh like 4hours before. And I could barely finish it.

Dude, if you're going to do a map for a project, you should at least give yourself a week's time. :P Four days doesn't cut it.

DooMBoy said:

Dude, if you're going to do a map for a project, you should at least give yourself a week's time. :P Four days doesn't cut it.

It wasn't for a project, but a contest.

This contest

E2M7 (Spawning Vats), mainly for the all-out tech look, especially as soon as you enter the hallways past the red door. I swear, I almost thought I was walking on the set of Star Trek or something the first time I played the real version of that level (the wasn't the first time I'd been to the level period; I had the 32X DOOM before that). When I think of space and the future, I think of exactly what I see in E2M7. I just hope that IF a DOOM movie is ever made, it'll be on par with that level of futuristic look.

Of course, with DOOM 3 on the way, I ought to cream my jeans when I see it's environment.

Well the GSTONE actually makes sense if you think about the fact that the demons were bringing their reality with them onto Deimos, it was part of the process they had been doing. So it does make sense, if you think about it, regardless of if it was out of place, which is probably what was supposed to be happening.

Melfice said:

Well the GSTONE actually makes sense if you think about the fact that the demons were bringing their reality with them onto Deimos, it was part of the process they had been doing. So it does make sense, if you think about it, regardless of if it was out of place, which is probably what was supposed to be happening.

That's what I mean; the combination tech/Hell rock look made me fall in love with that map. And call me crazy, but I think what you're talking about is one of the few ideas that Dafydd ab Hugh almost pulled off well in the first novel.