Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

I just realised...

does anyone remember the hysterical deal that sony made about the ps2's multimedia capabilities? well, I love my ps2, but where's all the cool stuff? no internet access, no hard drive, no webcam, no point in the optical digital out? or has all this cool stuf just passed me by?

actually no, I hate my ps2, it scratches all my fucking disks!!! Max Payne, GTA3, GTA:VC, Ape Escape, DOOOOMPSX!!!!! they're all gone :(

The internet at a cost... but it's foolish to think that it would be for free. Also, the hard drive is going to be coming out soon (if it's not already out), as it is necessary for FF11.

Ichor said:

You already sold yours to me for a bag of magic beans.

Actually, those were my beans if you remember.

Oh, you mean these?

...hands The Merovingian back the magic beans...

Ichor said:

You already sold yours to me for a bag of magic beans.

Beans? I thought it was editing tips! :P

Ichor said:

Oh, you mean these?

...hands The Merovingian back the magic beans...

Don't worry, Ravage's soul will do.

Nanami said:

Why would anyone want Ravage's soul?

Because it's fluffy and fuzzy and I'm suprised you haven't stolen it again.

As people already said, you can connect the PS2 to the 'net. IIRC there's also a PS2 hard-drive, but it's only available in Japan.

And I know it isn't exactly a Webcam, but there's the Eyetoy... :)

The PS2 is an overrated piece of junk. It's the least superior of all next generation consoles INCLUDING the Dreamcast, it happens to end up becoming the most expensive because of all the shit you have to buy for it, and the ratio of good games:bad games is alot lower on the PS2 compared to Gamecube (Not the XBOX though, I don't even think that has any games).

Another thing that bugs me about Sony is their lack of creativity. Consoles have been known for having half-creative names. Playstation wasn't a bad name, but sticking the word 2 on the end of it was so incredibly stupid that I laughed when it was announced. I can imagine it now..."Hey Tim, want to go play my Nintendo 6 and Mario 10?" If only members of society wern't brainwashed

Ralphis said:

Another thing that bugs me about Sony is their lack of creativity. Consoles have been known for having half-creative names. Playstation wasn't a bad name, but sticking the word 2 on the end of it was so incredibly stupid that I laughed when it was announced. I can imagine it now..."Hey Tim, want to go play my Nintendo 6 and Mario 10?" If only members of society wern't brainwashed

At least they didnt give it a retarded name like "dreamcast". Seriously, what the fuck?

And I suppose sticking "Super" in front of NES, and "64" after Nintendo were works of genius, were they?

Too bad GameCube only has 1GB discs. WTF were they thinking with that??? Other than that, it's a great system. Too bad I don't like playing console games.

The largest N64 games were 64MB, and they made pretty darn impressive use of what they had.

AndrewB said:

The largest N64 games were 64MB, and they made pretty darn impressive use of what they had.

Yup. We long ago passed the point where technology stopped being a restriction to gameplay and from which extra storage space really hasn't contributed anything to the fun factor of games.

Sony has always seemed (to me anyway) to rush their products. N64 had 3d acceleration which made it more pleasing to look at than ps1, and I believe that they were in the same or similar development timeframe. They could've waited and implemented it, but I guess being competitive was more important. And weren't 1/2 of the PS2's held back because of manufacutor's defect?

3D acceleration != bilinear filtering

You DON'T want to see Ridge Racer running on a 33MHz PC.

Can't wait for the Nintendo Gamesphere (super dee duper South Park reference)

You know, GC seems to be the only nextgen system that really focused on games.