Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Hey, ElBryan42

Is there any reason why E1M1 of the SNES music is only 32k and about a second long? All the other tracks I could get just fine, but that one in particular says its done immediately after I select where I want to save it. Even on the embedded page it's only about a second long. WTF is goin on?

Funny. Just now when I attempted to download the E2M1 mp2, it froze at 45% and wouldn't resume so I canceled it. I waited for about 2 minutes before reattempting to download it again to prevent getting into any trouble for the suspicion of hammering. Once I began my reattempt, I downloaded a 36k mp2.

You know, I just thought of this. Could this be the reason for all the hammering that was going on?

i tested out both links, and they downloaded fine. here's what the problem may be.

if you're using internet explorer 5 or higher, there is a hidden hidden (yes i said hidden twice) directory in your /windows/temporary internet files/ directory. if you go under my computer, dos, or windows explorer you won't find the directory. however, if you go under "find... files or folders" under the start menu, click browse. the folder is /windows/temporary internet files/content.ie5/. in this directory are the files that you have saved (save as). when a file cancels out it gets stored here. since windows is glitchy, sometimes it records the file as complete in this directory. in other words, if you click on the link again, windows will think the file is complete again. you must delete the file from this dir. if you click the link again it'll start from the beginning, and hopefully download the entire file (damn windows).

hope that helps.

Is there any reason why E1M1 of the SNES music is only 32k and about a second long? All the other tracks I could get just fine, but that one in particular says its done immediately after I select where I want to save it.

That happens to me the first try with any file. Just download again and it'll work.

1. Lut......I tried it about 6 times and it still didnt work.

2. Elbryan42, OF COURSE IT WOULD WORK FINE ON YOURS!!!!! IT'S LINKED TO YOUR FUCKING IP ADDRESS!!!!!!